Position: BASE Lead Teacher
Reports to: Preschool Director
Overview: The Program Leader will support SkyView’s school program by maintaining a high quality program designed to foster student success and growth in all areas. The Program Leader will be responsible for the adoption of the school mission and vision as evidenced through thoughtful planning aligned with the school’s curriculum components (i.e. Core Knowledge) and enrichment needs.
In addition, the Program Leader will show a commitment to furthering their own professional development and building relationships with families.
Hours: 6:30 AM-8:30 AM and 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM every school day starting on the first day of school for SkyView Academy’s approved calendar.
- Assist the Before and After School Enrichment (BASE) Manager in completing all requirements for child care; follows and enforces Rules regulating School-Age Child Care Centers .
- Follow and enforce all procedures as stated in the Employee and Parent Handbooks
- Assist the Base Manager with program operations, planning, equipment, supplies, and safety
- Assist the BASE Manager in all aspects of the BASE program
- Assist the BASE Manager with supervision of the BASE program assistant staff
- Exhibit excellent communication with parents, students, school staff, and coworkers
- Follow SVA policies and goals and use SVA facilities with care
- Collaborate with grade level teams to align enrichment with general education content
- Implement a dynamic and creative approach to out of school time. Promote students’ creative, athletic, and academic development by making provision for adequate homework time, physical activity and creative outlets
- Communicate proactively with other staff, students, and parents
- Participate in school-wide professional development as well as continuing education
- Supervise students and provide discipline according to established guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Build and maintain strong personal relationships with parents, teachers, students and community partners;
- Ensure new families are well oriented to SVA expectations and school culture;
- Establish clear and age-appropriate expectations for behavior and disciplinary action
- Leaders in School Age Day care must have the following qualifications:
- Program leaders must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and demonstrate an ability to work with children.
- Program leaders must have at least three (3) months of full-time or equivalent part-time satisfactory and verifiable experience with school-age children.
Successful candidates will be exceptional leaders, communicators, and enthusiastic about the SVA charter school model which empowers staff and families, values Core Knowledge, Classical curriculum, foreign language, character education, and service to the community
Other desired attributes include:
- Passion for developing a whole-school culture that provides appropriate structure for grades preschool-12
- Precise, persuasive and effective interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude, solid decision-making and well-developed management skills
- Accountable for their own actions and decisions
- Accessible with an open-minded approach to students, staff, parents and community
- Dedication to being a respectable leader and role model at the school and within the community
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail documents to: 6161 Business Center Dr., Highlands Ranch, CO 80130
To learn more visit the website: skyviewacademy.org
SkyView prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.