2018-19SVCS Academic Contest Registration Information
4. Student birthday determines the age division group for each category. Each student can only sign up for 1 category from each period.
5. School is divided into Senior (Grade 9, 10, 11, 12, AP) Junior (Grade 5, 6, 7,8) Primary (Grades P, K, 1, 2, 3, 4). and CSL . Total are four groups. The class with the highest participation rate (based on contest attendance) in each of four groups will receive a $50 gift card. . Each contestant, after completing their category, can bring their signed contest admission slip to the prize table and claim a small prize for participation.
6. Speech, Impromptu Speech and Read Aloud contestants can sign up for SVCS Speech Training (5 weeks, (2018-19 SVCS Speech & Read Aloud Training Registration), after sign up, please go to office to pay $30 through 12/07-12/14/2018.
7. Each contestant (based on attendance) can earn 1 service point for the family. No additional points given for extra category.
8. First Place contestants from last year’s ANCCS academic contest CAN NOT repeat the same contest category group this year. The student could compete in the same category but in a higher age division group.
9. Speech Topic Choices, Read Aloud Scripts and Chinese Calligraphy Choices will be posted onto the http://www.svcs-us.org; notifications will be sent via newsletter, please ask parents to check newsletter in the next few weeks.
10. Chinese Painting , Han Yu Pin Yin and Composition are divided into A, B & CD. Impromptu Speech, Translation & Chinese Typing are divided into A & B.
11. On Friday, 1/18/2019, Academic Contest Admission Slip will be handed out to students, please remind parents to check again for names/category/time. Any missing or incorrect info please contact the SVCS Office the same day.
Age groups for SVCS Academic contest
year of birth
13- year-old (included) or older
2005/12/31 and before
10-year-old(included) –13 year-old
2006/01/01 ─ 2008/12/31
7 -year-older(included)- 10-year-old
2009/01/01 ─ 2011/12/31
7-year-old (excluded)and yonger
2012/01/01 and after
10-year-old (excluded)and yonger
2009/01/01 and after