AUDIENCE SERVICES COORDINATOR
Reviewed March, 2018
Job Title: Audience Services Coordinators
Reports to: Managing Director, Audience Services Supervisor
Number of Positions: 2
Student Job?: All are welcome to apply, but these positions may be restricted to students due
to funding requirements
Purpose of Job:
The Audience Services Coordinators are responsible for providing top-notch service to our fantastic audience members at our box office, promotional events and performance venues. The Audience Services Coordinators will show their love for live theatre and The County through fun, friendly interactions with the public including answering questions about the Festival Players season, facilitating ticket sales, donations, retail transactions, food & beverage service, child minding and completing administrative projects.
Core duties, deliverables, and relationships of the position.
Box Office/Retail/Audience Services Duties:
- Providing box office services to the public through telephone, in-person and email interactions
- Facilitating ticket sales and donations using a cloud-based ticketing system
- Learning about our various events and answering questions about the Festival Players season
- Providing in-person retail customer service for Festival Players’ shop
- Child minding duties for audience members may be required at some performances
- Daily cash reconciliations and sales reporting
- Setting up and tearing down tents and promotional displays at outdoor events in the County
- Providing information and box office services at promotional events
- Specific events include the Wellington Farmers’ Market, every Saturday morning from 8am-1pm
- Complete administrative projects as assigned by Festival Players’ management staff including data entry, filing, proofreading etc.
- The Audience Services Coordinators will report to the Managing Director and Audience Services Supervisor
- The Audience Services Coordinators have no direct supervisory responsibilities but may provide support to the Volunteer Team as they undertake their duties on performance nights
Working Conditions and Environment
- This position requires predominantly daytime hours (weekdays and weekends), but may require occasional evening work.
- As a small and nimble organization, Festival Players requests the full support of its staff in ensuring the success of the organization. From time to time, the Audience Services Coordinators may be asked to take on tasks or participate in activities outside of the job description above.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A love and/or knowledge of theatre and the arts is an asset.
- Previous box office/ticketing experience is an asset.
- Must have high learning agility when it comes to technology and be comfortable working in the cloud.
- Ability to communicate and work productively with audiences, artists and other staff
- Ability to build positive relationships with a variety of organizational stakeholders
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset
- Smart Serve, First Aid, CPR, Babysitting Course are all assets
- Essential computer skills – Google Apps and the ability to learn new computer programs and apps.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Compensation is $16/hour plus 4% vacation pay
- Work schedule is 30 hours/week beginning approximately June 18th, 2018
- Full time work concludes as of September 2nd, 2018, though candidates who are able to continue part-time until the end of September are most welcome to.
- Casual hours may be available as of May 1st, 2018
- Audience Services Coordinators will be expected to work Saturday mornings beginning at 7am on a rotating basis
Please note: This position is funded through summer employment programs which require that the candidates be students returning to school in the Fall. Please clearly indicate your student status in your application package.
To apply, please send a resume and covering letter letting us know why you’d be perfect for this job. Please send by EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries please.
Festival Players welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, people from Diverse cultures, and people with disabilities. Festival Players is an LGBTQ+ positive space, and our work spaces are (or can be made) accessible for people with physical disabilities. All employees will be required to sign and adhere to a Code of Conduct to promote a safe, respectful and inclusive place of work. Please contact Festival Players at 613-476-1991 or by email at email@example.com if you require accommodations in the application or interview process.