Tairangi School Legislation & Regulations Policy
National Administration Guideline 6
- Each Board of Trustees is expected to comply with all general legislation concerning requirements such as attendance, the length of the school day, and the length of the school year.
Tairangi School will comply with all general legislation and regulations concerning requirements for the operation of the school.
To ensure that the laws of New Zealand concerning school operations are met.
The school will have written management procedures that are actively practiced and regularly reviewed for compliance.
These will include:
- Length of the school year
- Structure of the school year
- Admission to and withdrawal from school
- Pupil privacy
- Consultation on Health Curriculum
- Police in the school
- Children and Young Persons Service in the school
The school will have a set of implemented management procedures which will result in compliance with legislation and regulations.
MEETING THE REQUIREMENTS OF NAG GUIDELINE 6
Key Tasks for the Health and Safety portfolio are:
- Put procedures into place which ensure compliance with general legislation and review them regularly.
- Report to the Board of Trustees regarding compliance procedures.
Tairangi School has attempted to meet the requirements of NAG 5 through the following:
Legislation and Regulations
- Enrolment / Student Placement
- Appointment of Staff
- Length & Structure of the School Year
- Attendance Register
- Student Enrolment Records
- Health Consultation
- Police in the School
- Police Vetting
- Child Youth and Family Service in the school
- Protected Disclosures
- Civil Defence Emergencies
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Sexual Discrimination
- Concerns & Complaints
- Staff Grievances
- Enrolment Student Placement
- School Strategic Plan
- Annual School Management Plan
- Annual EEO report to ERO
- Attendance Registers
- Suspension Documentation
- Truancy Reporting Documentation.
File:NAG6LegislationRegulation.doc Legislation & Regulations Policy