Coach Success Guidance
Dear Iowa Learning Online Coach: Thank you for your efforts in helping students in your District succeed. Your role forms the communication bridge between the school and ILO.
- Check each student’s registration in Genius SIS. Communicate with the ILO teacher for each student.
- Meet with each student to explain course expectations and have them log in. Review syllabus with student.
- Review test proctoring information in Coach Orientation and teacher’s welcome email.
- Fall 2019 Semester:
- Cohort A: August 23 - December 19
- Cohort B: September 9 - January 17
- Cohort A: January 2 - May 8
- Cohort B: January 16 - May 22
- Make sure students can access the following software/sites:
- Meet with each student to log into the course. Review the Student Guidance and syllabus.
- Set a daily/weekly time for students to consistently meet with you to review progress.
- Ask the students if they have finished the Orientation lesson.
- Receive passwords from the teacher for weeks 1-10.
- Have the student check their spam email folder if they do not have their login.
- It is recommended students log on and show you the tasks accomplished.
- Please notify parents and school administration if students have not logged on or contacted you.
- Consult the Coaching Orientation or contact ILO with questions.
- Check to see students have completed the Orientation and began unit 1.
- Check to see students have a pattern of at least 3 logins with 2 hours of work time per week.
- Remind parents and guardians that they can create an Observer account to view student progress.
- Help students get caught up or talk to teachers.
- Make sure the websites students need are not blocked at school and let tech staff know. See left column for details.
- Here is the link to more information on the Observer Account
- Review Progress Report #1 with the student.
- Grace period ends. Students become official enrollments. The Department of Education will charge the district an enrollment fee of $285 per student, per semester course (waitlist fee may apply).
- Continue working with the student to plan for success throughout the semester
- Talk with the student about their current progress, activity, and plan going forward. Schedule session with parent or guidance for problem-solving if student is not achieving.
- If a student withdraws from a course within the first three-weeks, there will be no charge to the district/school. Billing will occur after the ILO grace period ends each semester.
- Talk to teacher to develop support plan as needed.