Dear Incoming Britton Sixth Graders:
The sixth grade teachers of Britton Middle School are looking forward to meeting you in August! Many students and parents have asked about what supplies students will need as they embark on their middle school adventure. The following is a list of suggested supplies. When school begins, individual teachers may request other items needed for their particular classes.
General Supplies for Backpacks
- earbuds or small headphones
- a three ring binder with 6 dividers
- binder paper
- red pens
- blue or black ink pens
- pencils with erasers
- colored pencils or crayons
- Small blunt scissors
- glue sticks
- pouch or pencil box for supplies
- 4 black spiral notebooks (1 for each quarter; graph paper preferable)
- thin whiteboard markers
To be announced in each class
- Teachers are always appreciative of classroom donations such as Kleenex, disinfecting wipes, hand sanitizer, binder paper, etc.
- While there is no official summer homework for incoming Britton 6th graders, we highly recommend that students do some of the following: practice math skills via the internet (Khan Academy, for example) or workbooks, read at least 20 minutes a day, practice writing skills through story or journal writing, and conduct fun science experiments with supervision. Most importantly, play outside, ride your bikes and scooters, play in the sprinklers, swim, and enjoy your summer!