SPIRIT SMACKDOWN EVENTS
Non-profit organizations with 50+ members who can provide 501(c)(3) exemption. For more information about 501(c)(3) tax status, please visit www.irs.gov.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Burger Libre will donate 20% of any check on your specific day (excluding tax and gift card sales) with mention of the organization’s name or flyer shown.
- Guests may dine in or take out to participate in the Spirit Smackdown. So long as they mention the organization’s name or show the custom flyer, their check will be included.
- Only official Spirit Smackdown event flyers will be accepted and counted toward the donation.
- Spirit Smackdown events are scheduled every day of the week except Sundays.
- Flyers can not be distributed inside the restaurant, in the parking lot and/or near the vicinity of the restaurant prior to, or on the day of, the event.
- In the event this does take place, the event will be subject to cancellation. We appreciate your cooperation.
HOW OFTEN CAN I SCHEDULE A SPIRIT SMACKDOWN EVENT?
Events can be scheduled every 30 days with at least 2 weeks notice. Smackdown events may be scheduled up to 6 months in advance. One event a month per organization.
STEPS OF ACTION
- Complete a Spirit Smackdown request form and select your suggested event date. We’ll send you an email to finalize plans for your event.
- Receive a custom Spirit Smackdown event flyer with all the details of your event specific to your organization.
- Advertise! Distribute flyers to your team, or anyone outside of it! Just no passing out flyers on Burger Libre premises prior to or on the day of your event.
- Your organization will receive 20% of the sales from your group, maximum of $500. Your donation check will arrive 2-4 weeks after the event date. See below for donation calculation.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Put a flyer in your school’s newsletter - post on your marquee, announce on the P.A. system.
- Announce your Spirit Smackdown event on your website and link to download the flyer.
- Attach the flyer to an email going out to family, friends, coworkers, etc.
- Call your local newspaper - they’re always looking for information on charitable events in the community.
- Pass out flyers at large gatherings, group meetings and area sporting events.
- Post & share the flyer on social media outlets...the more shares, the better!
- Hang posters at local businesses.
After the event, each subtotal (prior to sales tax) from the included checks will be added together to get a total amount in event sales. Your organization will receive 20% of net sales based on included checks, up to $500. Gift card & DoorDash purchases do not count towards Spirit Smackdown Events and will be deducted from the subtotal.