PISD Temporary Virtual Academy
Below you will find a quick overview of the PISD School Attendance policies, but it is highly recommended that parents review the Student Handbooks for your child's campus located on the PISD website (click here) to become familiar with the Attendance policy. Attendance to the PISD Virtual Academy will be required on a daily basis. For further clarifications:
- Virtual Attendance - Attendance is determined by being present for live instruction at the designated time(s) - usually in the morning around 10:00am. Your child’s camera must be turned on and they must interact with lessons each day to be counted present.
- Access to the PISD Virtual Academy is not possible if out of the country. Access to the PISD Virtual Academy outside of the residential zone for Prosper ISD for a period of 10 or more days can result in unenrollment.
- Parents should notify the school the morning their child will be absent. Beginning in the 2021-22 school year, all absence notifications and notes will be submitted electronically. Parents will notify the campus of a student’s absence through Skyward Family Access, this will replace calling or emailing the campus attendance clerk to notify the school of the student’s absence. Additionally, this electronic documentation satisfies the signed parent note requirement (state required documentation). When an absence request is submitted through Skyward Family Access, the attendance clerk/registrar will be notified by email.
- When a student returns from an absence at a doctor's office, a signed doctor’s note displaying the date on which the student was seen in the office must be sent to the school attendance email within 2 days of the absence. email@example.com
- Parents will be allowed to electronically submit (through Skyward Family Access) an Absence Request. A total of ten (10) Skyward Absence Requests can be excused as a parent note. Once this maximum has been met, absences will be considered unexcused. A list of acceptable absences (those that will be excused) are listed in the Student Handbook. Please go to your child's campus page and choose Attendance under the Parents tab to submit an Absence Request.
- If a student is absent for more than 5 consecutive days due to illness, a parent note will not be accepted. A statement from a doctor or medical clinic explaining the reason for the absence must be submitted to the school attendance email upon their return to school. Please go to your child's campus page and choose Attendance under the parents tab to submit a doctor's note.