MORNING DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
DO NOT LEAVE CARS UNATTENDED IN THE DROP-OFF ZONES FOR ANY REASON!
- K-1 DROP-OFF: Any car with K-1 students on board may drop all students in the car at the north tower. Enter from Three Corners Dr. and pull in front of the clock. Cross over to the curb adjacent to the clock tower to avoid students crossing traffic.
- 2-12 DROP-OFF: Cars with students in grades 2-12 enter via Three Corners Dr. and proceed around the east and south sides of the facility, stopping to drop students off along the sidewalk in the “blue zone” behind the building (pull up to the south edge of the gym) or “white zone” pickup area in the front of the building.
- COME INSIDE: If you have students on board and wish to walk in with them, take the K-1 drop-off path (in gold above) and park on the north or west side of the lot, shown as “K-1” or “Parent” parking. Overflow parent parking is in the student lot. Use the north entrance door between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
- STUDENT DRIVERS: Students must also enter through Three Corners Dr. You must park in the northeast parking (student lot) along the north and east edges.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- ALL DEPARTING CARS must exit via The Ambrose School main entrance on Locust Grove until 8:15 a.m.
- ALL ENTRANCES LOCK AUTOMATICALLY AT 8:00 A.M. If you arrive after 8:00 a.m., bring students to the front doors.
- NO TRAFFIC is allowed around the east loop after 8:15 a.m. (until 2:00 p.m. for pick-up). This provides safe passage to the playground during operational hours.
- IF A STUDENT IS LATE, or needs to leave early, please sign out in the binder by the office window. Students in K – 9th need to have a parent sign for them, whereas 10th – 12th graders may sign themselves in/out.
- ALL PARENT VOLUNTEERS must wear a parent nametag while in the building.
AFTERNOON PICK-UP PROCEDURES
HOW DOES PICK-UP WORK? Promptly at 2:15 p.m., teachers will combine their classes in the hall with 1 to 2 other classes and separate into 3 lines by zone. Each teacher will then take one line to the appropriate zone. Students will separate into lines based on their backpack tag color. Students may be escorted to the pickup line by a teacher other than their homeroom teacher.
- Please follow the arrows indicated on the map above. Pick-up lines are also delineated by painted lines on the pavement.
- All cars enter via Three Corners Dr. and exit via our main entrance.
- At 2:00 p.m, gold, white, and blue lanes are open for cars to line up on both sides of the lane. Lanes are assigned by zip code. (See below)
- At 3:20 p.m., the white zone narrows to only the right side of the lane in the west parking lot. The left lane (west parking lot) is closed during this pick-up so that staff drivers can move their parked cars.
- “I’m late! Where is my student?” Don’t panic! We realize unforeseen events may happen. If your student is not outside, they will be taken to the office to await your arrival.
PICK-UP LINES AND ZIP CODES
- GOLD LINE zip codes: 83605, 83616, 83617, and
- WHITE LINE zip codes: 83634, 83642, 83647, 83703, 83704, 83705, 83706, 83709, 83713, 83714, 83716 (and all unlisted zip codes)
- BLUE LINE zip code: 83646
- ALL CARPOOLS MUST BE IN THE SAME COLOR ZONE. If you have a carpool with members in different color zones, decide together which zone you want and then get the same colored backpack tag from the office.
COURTESY GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW
- DO NOT LEAVE CARS UNATTENDED in the pick-up zone for any reason. If you need to park, please use a designated parking space. Teachers will bring your student to your car. There is no need to leave your vehicle.
- PULL FORWARD ALL THE WAY. You may have a favorite “spot” to pick-up your students, but you need to pull all the way forward towards the car in front of you while waiting. This allows cars to enter Three Corners Dr.
ADDITIONAL PARKING INFORMATION
- VISITOR PARKING is marked and is for people new to our school. It is not intended for families, students, or staff.
- PICKING YOUR STUDENTS UP INSIDE. If you desire to pick up your student or meet friends in the Providence Room. Please don’t wait in the hallways directly outside of the classroom, as this can cause congestion and noise outside of the classroom. Please park in parent parking if you plan to stay for a while.
- DURING EVENING EVENTS, you may parallel park around the building, except in front of the posted fire entrance on the east side.