EARLY DISMISSAL-None today.
Happy birthday tomorrow to Nathan K. and on Sunday to Samantha Y.
Congrats to these WWG students for being selected to the Red Rock Conference Volleyball All-Conference Team: Emma Wahl, Halle Steen-Honorable Mention, Kelsey DeSmith-Honorable Mention.
Congrats to these WWG students for being selected to the 9-South District Football team: Jace Paplow, Gabe Krick-Honorable mention, Ethan Mischke-Honorable Mention.
Meet at 10:15 in the library for a picture.
01. Lunch today: Cheese bread, marinara sauce, Lettuce, salad, fruit, milk
Breakfast Monday: Yogurt parfait, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch Monday: Hamburger w/fixings, baked beans, fries, sidekicks, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
Monday - Homeroom
Tuesday - Dynamic Reading locations
Wednesday - Homeroom or meetings. Class meetings are the 2nd Wed. of the month. Next one on 11/13/19.
Thursday - Homeroom for Habitudes
Friday - Study hall for 7-10th gr. in library or lunchroom.
11 & 12th permitted to arrive in time to go to P1 class at 8:47.
04. FFA NEWS:
FFA FRUIT SALES DUE TODAY
(Money Is not Needed)
05. SENIOR NEWS:
06. Scholarship Deadlines
07. Attention students, there have been too many unclaimed printed papers in the computer lab and in the Tech campus over the past few weeks. I have been throwing out over 100 unclaimed papers every week! Please, if you click print once and it did not print where you thought it should be then double check the printer you chose or come see me (Mrs. Thao)! Also, I would greatly appreciate if you only print school-related stuff. Please help us save paper. Thank you, Mrs. Thao.
08. J.H. Play Practice Schedule
Thurs., 11/14 - Performance for elem., 1:45
Fri., 11/15 - Performance for HS, 1:45.
Performance for public, 7:30 pm.
Sat., 11/16 - Performance for public, 7:30 pm
09. SPORTS UPDATE:
10. 7th and 8th graders are invited to a Pool Party at the Fulda indoor pool on Friday night Nov. 8. Cost is $2. Snacks will be provided or students can bring their own. The bus will leave Westbrook at 6:35. Walnut Grove students can ride the late bus to Westbrook. We will swim from 7 to 10, and then drop off in Westbrook and Walnut. Please sign up in the office if you plan to go.
11. VIOLIN LESSONS are after school on Thursdays, in the choir room.
12. Hmong New Year News!
Hello Peeps! We are doing the Hmong New Year Talent Show. We would love you guys to sign up by the main office before the 18th of this month. Hmong New Year celebration is on Mon., 11/25/19.
1 Nation Club
13. The WWG Concert Choir is singing the National Anthem at the Minnesota Timberwolves VS Memphis Grizzlies game!
Anyone is welcome to go! We’d love to have a BIG audience.
Sunday, December 1, 2019
Target Center, Minneapolis, MN
Game Starts at 2:30PM
National Anthem right before!
Link to purchase tickets:
Promo code: WWGChoir
Upper Level Corner - $20
Upper Level Sideline - $30
Lower Level - $65
Transportation only provided for the WWG Concert Choir.
14. Students wanting to take the Dec. 14, ACT, the registration deadline is November 8. Register online at www.actstudent.org. Our high school code is 242665. If you get free and reduced meals you may take the test free twice. Stop by Mrs. Ourada’s office if you want a practice test.
15. Yearbook will be every other Tuesday during lunch,
Next Yearbook Date: 11-12-2019.
16. FOUND - a pretty ring. Claim from Karen.
17. Student Council will be hosting a penny drive competition among homerooms on Wed., Thurs., & Fri. this week. Money raised will go to Mary & Martha’s pantry for Christmas gifts for kids. Pennies and dollar bills counts towards you, silver counts against you.
The winning homeroom will get a pizza party with an extended lunch period next week!
18. Walnut Grove Activity Club
WALNUT GROVE COMMUNITY CENTER
Saturday, November 9, 2019
All ages are welcome.
(Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult)
Foosball, Board games available
GAME SYSTEMS: PS3, Wii, x box & game cube
Pop, Pizza & other snacks are available for purchase
19. Veteran’s Day program at WWG HS will be on Mon., 11/11 at 10:00 AM. All students and staff will attend.
Band students will need to be released at 9:45 that day to prepare for the program.
20. WWG Book Fair will be in the HS Media Center Mon., 11/11-Fri., 11/15.
21. Could Caleb Lewis, Spencer Huset, Kevin Curry, Troy Yang, Caitlin Mershon, Jamie Lynn Weinandt and Chue Fue Vang see Mr. Merrick Today? It is about this quarters book club.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. ****GET A JUMP ON YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!!!***
Keeping Up the Kourage Foundation is once again selling calendar raffle tickets for 2020! These make the perfect gift for that hard to buy for person on your list!!
Tickets are $40.00 each. There will be opportunities to win 47 weekly drawings of $100, 4 special $250 drawings throughout the year and 1 Christmas 2020 drawing in the amount of $500!!!
Proceeds from this calendar raffle event go towards scholarship funds.
Mon., 11/4-Fri., 11/8 - Elementary Book Fair in WG.
Thurs., 11/7 - Elementary P/T Conf.
Mon., 11/11 - ECFE at WB, 5:30 PM
Veterans’ Day program at WG, 2:00 PM.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Mon., 11/11 - GB, JH GB, JH BB practice begins.
Veterans’ Day program at WB, 10:00 AM.
Tues., 11/12 - Parent/Teacher Conferences in WB, 4:00-8:00 PM.
Thurs., 11/14 - JH play performance for elem., 1:45
Fri., 11/15 - JH play performance for HS, 1:45.
JH play performance for public, 7:30 pm.
Sat., 11/16 - JH play performance for public, 7:30 pm