Jeremy D. Stiffler
Instructional Designer, Lexington, Kentucky
646.678.2191 | email@example.com | linkedin.com/in/jeremystiffler
Innovative Instructional Designer with expertise in eLearning content development and numerous web-based learning formats. Well versed in training a wide variety of learners and professionals online and in-person.
Accomplished instructional designer, multimedia content developer and project manager with expertise in web-based interactive training development and eLearning technology.
Highly effective team leader with strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record in leading and motivating others.
High level of creative output with excellent problem solving skills.
Dynamic and inviting presentation style, engaging learners in a hands-on collaborative format online and in-person.
2011 Pennsylvania State University
Master of Educational Technology in Instructional Systems
2002 Oklahoma State University
Bachelor of Music Education
Dec 2017 - Present Leggett & Platt Lexington, Kentucky
Instructional Designer Contractor / Learning Consultant
- Develop in-person training courses for manufacturing supervisors.
- Create hybrid and online asynchronous course material for Leggett & Platt training locally and globally.
- Work with SMEs and training material to create highly engaging and interactive training modules to improve supervisor retention and increase awareness of legal and safety regulations.
July 2016 - Present Jeremy D Stiffler Technologies Lexington, Kentucky
Owner / Consultant / Instructional Designer
Working with global clients as an instructional designer providing needs assessment, storyboarding, design documents, prototyping, eLearning design and brick-and-mortar learning development, as well as learning management system (LMS) delivery solutions.
- Develop in-person and online training for corporate and government employees on various topics including the full office suite, Google products, SMART branded products, Adobe software products, Techsmith products and many more.
- Consulting with businesses and self-employed artists on best social media practices and am an expert in online webinar development solutions and training.
Feb 2017 - June 2017 ExxonMobil Global Prague, Czech Republic
Instructional Designer Contractor
Design and develop global eLearning modules for ExxonMobil (Czech Republic) customer support centers as an instructional designer providing needs assessment, storyboarding, design documents, prototyping, eLearning design and brick-and-mortar learning development.
Feb 2015 - July 2016 Tempur Sealy, Inc. Lexington, Kentucky
Sr. IT Designer and Trainer
Key responsibilities include being a liaison between IT and the business, driving branding and communications of IT to keep end users informed of coming changes as well as providing tools for success with new rollouts, and finally, to measure the effectiveness of IT throughout the company, focusing in on training and communications effectiveness.
Collaborated with team members to launch IT Learning Group brand logo and communications, and creating, developing, and implementing custom tailored training to local in-person and global constituents.
Manage interns and provided support by leading team meetings, organizing weekly touch-bases with team members, supporting team members with challenges.
Worked with key businesses partners to leverage training opportunities for their team to improve work productivity and enhance team effectiveness.
Organize launch of new applications including RemoteApp, Skype for Business, OneDrive for Business, as well as the full Office 365 Suite.
Streamlined IT communications by creating custom email templates for easier reading and uniformity. Additionally, created and currently distribute monthly newsletters highlighting all aspects of IT written in an easy-to-understand style for non technical readers.
Collect extensive analytics from emails, trainings, and global surveys relevant to IT and its effectiveness throughout the company.
June 2012 - Present Man O War Church Lexington, Kentucky
Director, Media & Technology
Project managed kid church multiscreen multimedia install with great success. Overhauled the main sanctuary with LED lighting, stage redesign and upgraded esthetic for a unique and pleasing experience.
Highly creative output preparing and initiating branding, weekly bulletins, website and mobile app design and upkeep. Additionally, lead sunday school classes of young adults (age 20 - 30) and co-lead band and choir. Multiple installation projects and project management as well as other tasks as assigned.
Manage multiple volunteer teams of up to 20 in positions such as media projections, lighting design, digital house and monitor sound, and video recording. Prepare multimedia material weekly for Sunday and Wednesday services including television and radio broadcasts, as well as podcasts and video designed for use on our website.
Aug 2012 - Feb 2015 The University of Kentucky Lexington, Kentucky
Instructional Designer, Arts Administration Department, College of Fine Arts
Collaborated and provided guidance to professors and arts administration department staff in the design and development of online courses.
Created and delivered media rich course material while designing user-friendly eLearning activities.
Provided ongoing technology support for faculty and students.
Adjunct Professor, College of Fine Arts
AAD 302: Website Design and Maintenance
Description: This course teaches students the process of designing, building and maintaining web sites that meet personal and organizational needs. The course also examines some of the legal, philosophical, societal and technological issues relevant to delivering information in this manner.
New Course Developer, College of Fine Arts
AAD 250: Digital Design for Arts Administrators I
Description: Effective visual communication has become vital for businesses in today’s global market. AAD 250: Digital Design for Arts Administrations I will explore the powerful graphic and visual design programs of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and iMovie. Students will develop an ‘eye’ for design through the exploration of advanced design software, advanced design elements, and peer critiques. Students will demonstrate basic design skills through design projects for both print and the web.
AAD 260: Digital Design for Arts Administrators II
Description: A successful organization will have a beautiful and creative online presence through the digital realms of blogging, eNewsletters, and website design. In this course, students will explore topics such as branding, marketing, color theory, and digital analytics. Specifically, students will learn the process of designing, building and maintaining a website that meets an organization’s needs. The course will also examine the legal, philosophical, societal and technological issues relevant to delivering information in the 21st century.
AAD 531: Social Media Marketing, Promotions, and Branding
Description: Social media’s rapid rise in modern culture has become a global phenomenon. As we are all aware, the social-media-marketing landscape is constantly changing, but there are techniques one can use to leverage this change and build community amongst donors and potential new customers by connecting customers to your organization in remarkable and innovative new ways. While many of us are not ‘digital natives,’ there is a pattern we can follow to find success in this ever-changing landscape. This course will teach you how nonprofits can use social networks to build awareness and spread your message in the most effective way possible. You will get a basic overview of the importance of using social media to market your nonprofit and how social media can help you drive your nonprofit’s goals.
AAD 532: Live Streaming Events with Interactivity
Description: Live-streaming is at the forefront of arts promotion and brand recognition. While live-streaming an online event is growing in popularity, we, as artists, can see the potential it holds for easily sharing video and audio with our audiences. In this course, we will dive “head first” into the world of online live-streaming; discussing the methods used, the technology required, and the preparation needed to create high-quality live streams of your artistic events.
Aug 2009 - June 2012 Teq, Inc. New York, New York
Senior Educational Technology Specialist (2010-2012)
- Oversaw seven staff teams in developing online learning content for participants around the world.
- Co-created learning management systems (LMS), designed and presented bi-monthly webinars, developed online training modules, video podcasts, and hundreds of video tutorials.
- Specialized in interactive applications, online social/business networking, and online content development and collaboration.
- Provided engaging professional development sessions to teachers and businesses.
Educational Technology Specialist (2009-2010)
- Presented educational technology sessions to teachers from the Pre-Kindergarten through college level.
- Lead sessions on the use and implementation of technology in classrooms at city and state-wide conferences in New York, New Jersey, and Virginia.
Sept 2010 - May 2011 Nyack College and Seminary New York, New York
Adjunct Professor, School of Education
EDU 221: Introduction to Teaching with Technology
Description: Developed a course to explore the basic use of technology, history of technology, trends in educational technology, hardware and software education as well as methodologies used in today’s classroom. Students experienced learning using online forums and designed their own LMS (learning management systems) using a wiki.
EDU 321: Technology Applications for Teachers
Description: Students explored the use of technology as a teaching tool through the design of web-based units and lesson plans. Students infused lesson plans with multiple forms of technology. Classroom technology included digital cameras, interactive whiteboards, web applications, and computer hardware and software.
Aug 2008 - Aug 2009 New York Public Schools (P.S. 282) Brooklyn, New York
- Effectively used wikis, blogs, and online collaborative tools to provide technical support to staff while engaging 700 young learners ages 4 to 13 in cross-curriculum technology lessons.
May 2007 - Aug 2008 Heidrick & Struggles New York, New York
Project Manager / Executive Assistant
- Served as liaison for consultants, corporate executive officers, associates and executive assistants, created candidate profiles for clients, managed invoicing and prepared expense reports on a weekly basis, and assisted firm Partners in planning and scheduling of business development meetings.
Sept 2006 - May 2007 Nyack College and Seminary New York, New York
- Restructured student file databases to increase efficiency in processing and storing information. In addition, presented New York State mandated classes on how to create electronic portfolios and use educational software and guided students through the New York State Teacher Certification procedures.
Aug 2004 - Aug 2006 Brooklyn Band Academy Brooklyn, New York
Musical Director / Owner
- Contracted consultants for master classes and seasonal concerts, managed a budget of $40,000, maintained monthly accounting records of business expenditures and fees, and directed and supervised weekly music rehearsals, performances and competitions.
Sept 2003 - Aug 2006 St. Charles Borromeo School Brooklyn, New York
Music / Computer Teacher
- Maintained 50 computers for classroom and office use, created an interactive website to supplement learning development, and designed interactive lessons and administered weekly computer instruction for varying abilities and learning styles. Directed 45 students, age 10 to 13 in band and chorus.
Sept 2003 - Aug 2004 Constance M. Burke Attorney New York, New York
- Corresponded daily with attorneys, court office clerks and clients, and created and filed legal documents with county clerks for judicial court records. Managed client and staff calendars and updated records as needed.
Aug 2002 - Aug 2003 L’Ouverture Technology Magnet School Wichita, Kansas
- Engaged students from Kindergarten through fifth grade in music lessons three times a week, produced and directed elementary musicals for every grade group, and integrated Orff and Kodaly methods into standard music curriculum.
Dec 2011 - May 2012 Carnegie Hall, Weill Music Institute New York, New York
Multimedia Curriculum Consultant
Develop interactive whiteboard resources in collaboration with the Director of Educational Media and Technology.
Aug 2002 - Aug 2012 Wichita Symphony Orchestra Wichita, Kansas
Design music concert curriculum biannually for Young People’s Concert booklets distributed to teachers throughout the school district.
Aug 2009 - May 2012 Nyack College and Seminary New York, New York
Test Preparation Consultant
Deliver sessions on test-taking and best practices, walk through curriculum to provide participants opportunity to evaluate knowledge and assess study needs, and administer mock exams to simulate the test-taking environment.
May 2008 NYCDOE Office of Instructional Technology New York, New York
Consulted with Director of Enterprise Architecture for the NYC Department of Education Division Information Technology offices on real-world application in the classroom for Sakai and Moodle learning management systems.
Training and Certification
2015 Project Management Professional (PMP) Course Lexington, Kentucky
Certification Course in Preparation for the PMP Exam
A five day intensive focusing on the project management professional examination.
2014 Quality Matters Course Lexington, Kentucky
Course Training for the Quality Matters Course Design
A focus on assessment quality and data collection for creating and effectively implementing online learning tools and technology.
2011 Google Certified Training Courses New York, New York
Comprehensive Google Training
Training focused in on Google mail (Gmail), Google calendar, Google drive, and Google sites.