Using a South-Western City School District Hotspot
One Hotspot and a charger are being lent to the student and are in good working order. This equipment is and at all times remains the property of South-Western City School District.
Student Hotspot Expectations
- Students will follow the expectations outlined in the South-Western City School District’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) at all times and that a violation of these guidelines could result in student disciplinary action.
- Students will use the Hotspot for educational purposes ONLY.
- Students will immediately return the Hotspot And all peripherals in good working condition upon request or prior to withdrawal from the school district.
- Students accept responsibility for their school-issued Hotspot at all times.
- Students acknowledge that the AUP is to be used as a guide and does not attempt to address every required or prohibited behavior by its users.
How to get Hotspot Help
- Call Verizon wireless at 1-800-922-0204
How to Use the Hotspot
- Power on the Hotspot using the power button if it’s turned off. The power button should have a logo on it that looks similar to this -
- You will need the Wifi name and Password that you see on your hotspot after it’s powered on.
- The Wifi Name for your hotspot is __________________________
- The password for your hotspot is ___________________________
- Your student will log into their Chromebook.
- Click on the bottom right side of the screen. Choose the Wi-Fi symbol and click on it.
- It looks like this
- Find your hotspot name and click on it.
- Type in the above password.
- Then click connect.