PEP FEST TODAY!
Congrats to the Boys basketball team on their big win over MCC last night!!!! They now play SWC at 11:00 on Sat. at SMSU.
If the weather cancels the game on Saturday then it will be played at 6:00 PM on Monday, March 11 at SMSU.
Happy birthday on Sunday to Shelby F.
SNOW DAYS - There is always a price to pay.
There will be a full day of school at WWG on Mon., 3/25, Mon., 4/22, Thurs., 5/30 and Fri., 5/31. More may be added later after we see what else winter has in store for us.
Because of missed days this quarter, Quarter 3 will now end on Friday, March 29, 2019, with quarter 4 beginning on Monday, April 1.
Beginning Mon., 3/11-Fri., 3/29, school will begin at the usual time, 8:25 but will be extended 30 min. to end the school day at 3:35. Regular bus routes will run at 4:00. For us that means that each class will be a few minutes longer. This will help us make up class time in 3rd quarter, where it is needed.
The late shuttle will also run ½ hour later as will after school activities.
Daylight Saving Time begins this weekend. Remember to turn your clocks ahead 1 hour before bed on Saturday night.
Early Dismissal --
01. Lunch today: Cheese quesadilla, broccoli, fruit, milk
Breakfast Monday: Apple or cherry frudel, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch Monday: Tater tot hotdish, peas, dinner roll, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Fri., 3/8 - Life 101 at 2:15 PM. Grades 7-12 in the gym.
Mon., 3/12 - Dynamic reading, P1
04. FFA NEWS:
FFA Meats contest Friday, March 8 in Brookings. Leave WB 6:30 am, WG 6:45 am. Students attending: Jake K, Ben O, Parker F, & Andrew Q.
Mon., 3/11 - Crops – Kyle K. Nathan K. Ethan M. Sam K.
Ag Mech – Jonathan K. Kaleb C. Ethan P. Wyatt C.
Creed – Ben Larson
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Seniors Class Trip: There will be a meeting for seniors and parents on Monday, April 1 at 7:00 pm in the WWG cafeteria. The Southwest Tours and Travel representative will be there to go over the class trip.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
March 15, Missouri River Energy Svc.
March 15, American Legion Auxiliary
March 20, LIW Pageant for any senior who has participated in the LIW pageant. Get appl. From the HS office.
April 1, American Legion
SENIORS have you applied for the scholarships at the college you have chosen to go to? www.ohe.state.mn.us/mnscholarships
07. Never Quit: How I Became a Special Ops Parachute Jumper -
By Jimmy Settle
AR (890), 6.4, 13 pts.
The epic memoir of an Alaskan para rescue jumper, Special Forces Operator, and decorated war hero.
08. Juniors interested in Boys’ or Girls’ State, turn in your paperwork no later than March 12. The office has informative handouts.
09. Monday, 3/11 - 3:05-7:00,HS P/T conferences, 7:00, HS concert and MHS induction.
10. Tues., 3/12 - Per state requirement, the 7th graders will be taking CPR/AED training. These 8th graders will also need to be there Kole C, Izzy R.. Meet in the health room first (Mrs. Ross) and then we will go to the gym. This will take most of the period.
11. Senior High Knowledge Bowl -
Students will be competing at sub regions on Friday, March 8th in Worthington. We will leave Westbrook by 8:15 and return by 3:15. Jett G., Ben L., and Ethan S.
12. On Sunday, April 14, the WWG FCA is planning to attend the North Pointe Inside Out, Unspoken, and Caitie Hurst concert at the Marshall High School. Cost is $15 for students, $20 for adults. If you would like to join us, see Mrs. Byers to order tickets. Deadline is March 13 at the next FCA meeting.
13. Stock Market Team News: The Stock Market team of Talitha H., Kaleb C., Jonathan K., David L. and Antonio P. is currently in 10th place out of 450 teams in Minnesota.
14. Speech - Practices are in Westbrook on Wednesdays at 3:30-5:30 or in Walnut Grove on Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. See Mrs. Caygle to schedule another time, if needed.
There will be no speech meet this weekend. Again, Montevideo speech meet is cancelled.
Don't forget to check off your name for the SMSU tournament next week (3/16)
15. Book Club’s next book selection is The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens, which tells the story of a Minnesota college student who finds himself investigating the 30 year old case of a convicted murderer. Eskens, a Minnesota author, will be coming to speak to the school in April, so read this book before he visits! If you would like Mrs. Kletscher to order a copy for you, please see her by the end of the week.
16. Robotics students leaving Wednesday am for the rest of the week are: Joel, Jonathan, Caleb, Colton, TJ, Houa, Mason, Anna. Meeting today after school to finish paperwork.
17. Students willing to help get snow off roofs of elderly folks for good pay contact Mr. Woelber Thursday.
18. It's PIZZA TIME. The sophomores are selling Little Caesars Pizza. The turn in date for all Soph is 3/15. Orders will be delivered 3/26.
Please have checks made out to WWG class of 2021.
Sophomores: Mr. Merrick has extra pizza brochures and envelopes to keep the money collected in. Please see. Remember, your goal should be 7 sold. At 17 you make over $100!
19. The concert choir is singing at a Stampede hockey game in Sioux Falls, SD at the Denny Sanford Premier Center. Anyone from WWG (family and friends) are welcome to attend the game for $8. Please call the ticket office at 605-336-6060 to buy your tickets. When you call make sure to state that you want tickets for the Sunday, March 17 game and that you are a part of the WWG choir group to get $8 tickets!! Game starts at 5:05 PM with choir singing right before. Any questions please ask Mr. Nelson.
20.Tues., 3/12 is ACT Prep Day for Juniors. They will be gone all day.
Bus leaves WB at 7:45 (load by south gym door), then to stop in WG to pick up students there (load by gym doors). The day is done at 2:30. WG students will be dropped off in WG on the back to WB.
21. Believe it or not, softball season starts in a week. Practice starts 3/11. If you are interested in going out for softball, please sign up at the office. The snow isn’t going to stop us!
Softball practice next week is pitchers and catchers only. Let Ms. Sandbulte know if you are a pitcher/catcher or if you are interested in pitching/catching.
22. Large group music contest is on Wednesday the 13th.
The band bus is loading at 7:20 am that day and leaving from Westbrook at 7:30 am. We will pick Walnut Grove students up at 7:50 am in Walnut in front of the Elementary School. The band performs at 9:00 am. We should arrive back to Westbrook between 10:15-10:30 am
The choir bus leaves WB at 1:30 and will drop Walnut Grove students off in WG at 3:30 and Westbrook students off in WB at 3:50.
23. Volleyball meeting for gr. 7-11 on Thurs., 3/14 at 2;50 in the cafeteria.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. PLC on Fri., 3/8 at 2:15..
Mon., 3/8 - ECFE at WB, 5:30. Movie Night. Supper & movie at Tech Campus.
Sun., 3/10 - Open gym in WB, 1:00-3:00.
Little kids open gym in WB, 3:00-5:00.
Sun., 3/17 - Open gym in WB, 1:00-3:00.
No little kids open gym.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Sat., 3/9 - BB Sections at SMSU, Marshall, 11:00. WWG vs SWC. GO CHARGERS! Bus leaves WB at 9:10.
Mon., 3/11 - HS Parent/Teacher Conferences, 3:05-7:00 PM.
7-12 HS concert, 7:00 PM.
MHS Induction, 7:00 PM.
Wed., 3/13 - Large Group Music Contest at RRC.