Belmar Elementary School Pre Kindergarten
This page is just an example page while we work on reformatting our website
We are so excited to work with your child during their first school experience at Belmar Elementary School. We will be sending home a weekly letter to keep you informed as to what we are doing in the classroom. Listed below are a few reminders that will help to make the transition a smooth one.
- School is from 8:05-2:00 PM. Half day session is from 8:05-1:00. Lunch will be served on half days. School drop off and pick up will be on the 11th Ave. side of the school building.
- Please pack a healthy snack and a drink for your child every day.
- Please label backpack, lunchbox and other belongings with your child’s name.
- If your child is late for class, he/she must report to the front office before coming to class.
- Please send in a change of clothes (shirt, pants, socks and underwear) for your child in a plastic bag with your child’s name on it.
- Please bring in your child’s school supplies and photos (2- 4x6 or 3x5 pictures of your child and 1-family picture) from the Pre-K supply list and return any important forms as soon as possible.
- If your child would like to celebrate his/her birthday in class, please let us know in advance.
- Gym days are Wednesdays and Fridays. Please have your child wear sneakers on those days.
- Please pack a healthy lunch (sandwich, juice box and fruits) for your child. Your child may also purchase school lunch. Please put lunch money in his/her folder. LUNCH WILL BE SERVED IN THE CAFETERIA.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to a wonderful school year with you and your child.
- 8:05-8:15 AM - Put away belongings and mystery question
- 8:15-8:45 AM - Opening group (calendar, weather, physical self regulation -freeze dance, community building activities, share the news and message of the day)
- 8:45-9:15 AM - Story lab/gym (gym-wednesdays and fridays)
- 9:15-10:15 AM - Make believe play
- 10:15-10:30 AM - Snack time
- 10:30-11:00 AM - Outdoor play
- 11:00-11:30 AM - Math/science/computers/story lab
- 11:30-12:00 PM - Buddy reading/graphics practice/games
- 12:00-1:00 PM - Bathroom/lunch/puzzles
- 1:00-1:10 PM - Pack up/dismissal
Activities are subject to change
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child, please feel free to contact me via email- email@example.com or phone- 732 681-2388 (ext. 1106). I am available before/after school.
If you have an interest or hobby that you would like to share with the students or read them a story, please feel free to contact me. We love to have visitors.
The boys and girls have discussed the importance of having rules and created four important rules to follow in class. The rules include the following:
- Listening Ears
- Gentle Hands
- Kind Words
- Walking Feet
Other classroom rules include the following:
- Sit correctly
- Safe toys in school
- Clean up the toys
- Wait your turn
Pre Kindergarten Goals
- Develop a smooth transition between home and school environment
- Develop a sense of self worth and importance as an individual
- Improve social skills
- Improve gross and fine motor skills
- Develop language arts/pre-reading skills
- Develop math skills
- Develop awareness of science and social studies
- Develop awareness of computers and other technology
Pre Kindergarten Curriculum
TOOLS OF THE MIND
I am very excited to implement a new curriculum called Tools of the Mind for the upcoming school year. Tools of the Mind is a comprehensive curriculum that focuses on the development of both cognitive and social-emotional self regulation at the same time that academic skills are taught. Self regulation include the following abilities:
- Pay attention and stay on task
- Remember on purpose
- Ignore distractions
- Hold two strategies in mind at the same time
- The development of self-discipline
My goal is to offer specific instructional activities that will teach self-regulation and reflective thinking. I will incorporate strategies to help children enhance their make-believe play which will support their self-regulation development. Please check the following website on various Tools of the Mind Pre-K activities that will be introduced in the classroom:
I look forward to a wonderful school year with you and your child.