Happy birthday to Skyler S.
PENNY DRIVE - Tues., 12/4 thru Fri., 12/7, Student Council will be hosting their annual penny drive to purchase Christmas gifts for kids for the local food pantry. You will be a team with your 3rd hour class. The winning class will get a game/party/treat day in the gym during 3rd hour on a day TBA the week before Christmas break. Ask your teacher for more details on how this works.
Early Dismissal --
01. Lunch today: Pulled Pork, baked beans, sweet potato fries, fruit, milk.
Breakfast tomorrow: Long John, fruit, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Quesadillas, salsa, broccoli, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
Thurs., Dec. 13, U.S. Army, 11:15 am
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 12/11 - Dynamic Reading, P5
Wed., 12/12 - 8:25, Class meetings.
7th gr. Meets in Mrs. Ross’ rm
8th gr. Meets in Mrs. Kletscher’s rm
9th gr. Meets in Mr. Merrick’s rm
10th gr. Meets in
11th gr. No meeting, job shadow day
12th gr. Meets in Mr. Theisen’s rm
Fri., 12/14 - 8:25, Life 101
04. FFA NEWS:
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Turn in your Resume & Cover Letter to Mrs. Ourada before December 20th.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb. 15- Basin Electric Power Coop (Redwood County students)
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
07. New books in the library.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid, the Meltdown by Jeff Kinney
When snow closes Greg's school, he and his best friend, Rowley, face a fight for survival as warring gangs turn the neighborhood into a wintry battlefield.
08. JH KB will meet during lunch in Ms. Schoephoerster's room on Fridays and every other Wednesday (alternating with FCA meetings).
09. WWG OAP PRACTICE -
Thurs., 12/6 - none
Fri., 12/7 - 4:30-6:45
Sat., 12/8 - 9:00-noon
Tues., 12/11 - 3:30-5:30
Wed., 12/12 - 3:30-5:30
Thurs., 12/13 - 6:00-8:30
Sat., 12/15 - 9:00-noon
10. The school board approved a 1/2 credit required Lifetime Fitness class.
-Starting with class of 2020, 10-12th grade will be required to take a Lifetime Fitness course to graduate high school.
-You can get a jump start on this by taking Lifetime Fitness 2nd semester as a skinny period 5, as a quarter 3 block in period 3, or as a quarter 4 block period 3.
Talk with Mrs. Ourada if you would like to make scheduling changes to meet the Lifetime Fitness requirement..
11.Starting 2nd semester, students will have ONE DAY, the first day of the new semester, to make changes to their schedule. Make changes before the end of the first day, or no changes to schedule will be accepted. Take a look at your 2nd sem. Schedule online. You can make changes with Mrs. Ourada anytime before the 2nd day of 2nd semester.
12. WWG Winter Athletic Pictures for boys’ and girls’ basketball and cheer will be at Westbrook Monday, Dec. 10, beginning at 3:15.
13. Government students will be absent on Tuesday, December 11th to compete in a mock congressional hearing at the Capitol in St. Paul. Those absent will be Camryn B., Madison D., Nick H., Kate J., Kevin L., Pasyn P., Halle S., Wyatt C., Alan Y., Andrew Q., Gracie W., Brittany E., and Ben O. Wish them luck!
14. MOVIE NIGHT - W.A.V. will be sponsoring the movie “ELF” at the WWG HS auditorium on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 7:00 PM. Admission is free. There will be popcorn and water for sale at the event. This is open to all ages.
15. College Prep Writing will be taking a field trip to SMSU on Thursday, Dec. 6. We will leave at 8:15 and should return by 6th period. Please excuse the following students: Andrew Q., Parker F., Makayla E., Gracie W., Joel B., Grace W., Talitha H., Skylar S., Jake K., and Ben O.
16. Attention students who have so kindly offered to help with the W.A.V. Elf Power! Christmas event for kids.
Those helping Fri., 12/7, please be at school cafeteria by 5:00 or as soon as you can. We’ll be setting up for Saturday’s event.
Those helping kids with activities on Sat., 12/8, please be at school cafeteria by 3:15. Event starts at 3:30.
Those helping with the movies, come to the home ec. Room by 4:30 to help with popcorn and water sales set up, and to sell during movie.
If you have questions, talk to Karen.
17. Speech meeting 12/6 in room 104 during lunch for all those interested in joining speech this year.
18. Juniors will be meeting with Merlin from PIC to get their job shadow assignments on Thursday, Dec. 6. Schedules are posted by the junior lockers. Please check your assigned time, and If you can't make the assigned time please trade with someone else.
19. GAME NIGHT
Saturday December 8, 2018
Walnut Grove Activity Club
WALNUT GROVE COMMUNITY CENTER
5 pm- 10 pm
Ages 10 and older
Games, movies & misc.
20. HELP WANTED:
Four 9-12 grade assistants are needed for the Walnut Grove Community Christmas event on Wed., 12/19/18, 4:30-8:30 PM.
You will be helping children and can earn $40 to be put in your class trip account.
Call Paula at WG city office, 507-859-2135.
21. Book Club is ALMOST back! Please check back for details on a start date that doesn’t conflict with other meetings.
22. The Earth Yes class is collecting old or even broken Christmas lights. If you have Christmas light that are not working please bring it to the Earth Yes class in Mr. Merrick’s room. We would really appreciate you doing it.
Did you know switching to LED lights helps it helps you save money. The more you know the less you pay.
23. FCA will have a lunch meeting in Mrs. Byers' room Wednesday, December 12.
24. Student Council- Meet in Mrs. Bonnstetter's room friday after school to count money from the Penny Drive.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Pay only the taxes on the $200 value for a year long Fitness Membership to the WWG Fitness Centers and enjoy unlimited uses all year long. Each year the WWG School Board offers all regularly employed WWG staff an Annual Membership to the schools Fitness Centers.
Each calendar year, employees can choose to be a member. If you have been a member in the past, you will need to renew your membership each December for the upcoming year. If you would like to join, please contact me this December. Thanks, Jane Hass
03. Faculty meeting on Mon., 12/10, 7:45 AM, Sandbulte’s room.
04. Mid Term is Tues., 12/11. Progress Reports are due to the HS office on Wed., 12/12
04. CPT on Fri., 12/14 in Schoephoerster’s room.
Mon., 12/10 - NO ECFE.
WWG Elementary concert, 7:00 PM.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thurs., 12/6 - GB, HLO/F at WB, 6:00. Supervisor-Theisen, Conc.-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Schoephoerster.
JH GB at Brewster, 4:30. Bus leaves WB at 3:30.
WR, Canby & St. James at Tracy, 5:00.
Fri., 12/7 - BB, RRC at WB, 5:00. Pep band plays. Elem. BB at ½ time. Supervisor-Theisen, Conc.-Freshmen, Conc. Supervisor-Byers.
JH BB, HLO at WB, 4:30.
Sat., 12/8 - JH BB at Tracy Tourney, 9:00 AM. Bus leaves WB at 8:00 AM.
Mon., 12/10 - Elementary Concert, 7:00 PM.
Tues., 12/11 - GB, Adrian at WB, 6:00. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Kletscher.
JH BB at Fulda, 4:30.
WR, Adrian/Pipestone & Tracy, 5:00.
Thurs., 12/13 - JH, MCC at WG, 4:30.
BB at Mtn. Lake, 6:00.
WR, Windom, W-RRC at Wabasso, 5:00.
Fri., 12/14 - GB at Edgerton, 6:00.