SFES PTO Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Mr. Fowler, Heather, Becky, Tonya, Ms. Wight, Liz, Jennifer, Stephanie
Location: Conference Room
Minutes Recorder: Stephanie Wilson
President’s Report Presented by: Heather
- Week of Giving - It’s good for your heart to exercise and give!
- Tuesday, 3/13 at 1pm - American Red Cross - Blood Drive Tuesday, 1pm for 18+ in Gym
- Friday 3/16 - Track Attack
- Hygiene items for local students and their families
- Hopewell Food Pantry
- Jennifer Weatherstone is not returning.
- Tonya would like the Treasurer position. All other positions would like to remain.
- Friday, June 1st. 5:30pm-7pm. End of Year Picnic
- Bring your shade structure.
Vice President’s Report Presented by: Becky
- Popcorn fundraiser - tabled.
- Mystery Eggs - voted yes!
Treasurer’s Report Presented by: Jennifer
- Overview of Treasurer Report for January.
- Stephanie motioned to move the overage from the Agendas to the General Fund. Seconded by Tonya. Approved unanimously.
- Tonya made the motion that we should use MIH funds to pay for the cost of the Bridge for the Bridging Ceremony. Seconded by Kresta. Approved unanimously..
- Jennifer made the motion to use MIH to upgrade the Green Room in the Media Center. Tonya seconded. Approved unanimously.
- Mother Son Event Raised $400. 75 students!
- Chipotle raised $486!
Secretary | Communication’s Report Presented by: Stephanie
- Ticket Sales for Wizard of Oz for Mr. Whitener
Fundraising Coordinator’s Report Presented by: Liz
- Painting event discussed. More research needed. Tabled.
- Box tops - cut off date is 3/1. Flyers go home Friday for Fri 2/23
- Dine for Dollars - need an April idea. Will put on Facebook for public input.
ITEM 8 TOPIC: Ms. Gates
- Proctor Volunteers Needed
ITEM 9 TOPIC: Mrs. Wight
- Outdoor Classroom for all grade levels! Possible Ribbon Cutting early April
NEXT PTO MEETING DATES & UPCOMING EVENTS
Upcoming PTO Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, March 6th at 2:30PM
Upcoming Event Dates
- Tuesday, 2/27 - Box Tops Due!
- Friday, 3/2 - Dine for Dollars at Chuck E. Cheese in Hickory!
- Friday, 3/16 - Track Attack Gives Back
- Friday 3/23 - Wizard of Oz Production by SFES' 4th-6th graders at Newton-Conover Auditorium
- Friday 3/30 - NO SCHOOL!
- Week of 4/2-4/6 - NO SCHOOL: Spring Break!
- Friday, 4/20 @6pm - Father Daughter Dance!
- Friday, June 1st. 5:30pm-7pm End of Year PTO Picnic
ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING
There being no additional business to conduct, the meeting was adjourned.
PTO Secretary | Communications