Majors Game Rules 2019
Belmont-Redwood Shores Little League shall be governed by the current Official Regulations and Playing Rules (Green Book) and the procedures of the Little League Operating Manual as published by Little League Baseball unless superseded by these special Supplemental regulations and rules.
- Minimum Play: The minimum play rule shall be three defensive innings for a game featuring six or more defensive innings of play. The minimum play rule is two defensive innings for games featuring five or fewer defensive innings. Minimum play rules apply to all temporary replacement players, unless they arrive late. See Little League rule IV(i) for more.
- Pitching Changes: All pitching changes must be reported to the scorekeeper and home plate umpire when made. The home team’s scorekeeper shall serve as the official scorekeeper.
- Ejections: Any player ejected from a game shall be brought up to a review board, which could result in further disciplinary action. The Review Board shall consist of team manager, Player Agent, DC and Chief Umpire. This player must be reviewed by the Review Board no more than four days after the ejection.
- Protests: All protests, as outlined in the Official Little League rulebook 4.19, shall be accompanied with a $20 fee. The fee will be returned if the protest is upheld.
- Roster Batting: This division has adopted roster (i.e. continuous) batting order defined by Little League rule 4.04.
- Time Limit: With respect to the initial game on each day only, no new inning may start after 2 hours and 15 minutes from the scheduled start time of that game. A new inning begins as soon as the previous inning ends. Ties are allowed during the regular season if a new inning cannot be started due to this rule. There is no time limit during playoffs and championship games.
- Mercy Rule: This division has adopted Little League rule 4.10 ending the game after 4 innings if one team is ahead by 10 or more runs (3 ½ innings if the home team is ahead).
- Batter must remain in the box: This division has adopted Little League rule 6.02(c).
- Third Strike Not Caught: This division has adopted Little League rules 6.05(b)(1)(2) and 6.09(b).
- Reporting Pitch Counts: The home manager or official scorekeeper must report the final score and the pitch counts for all pitchers used in the game to the DC.
Please consult the Green Book for more detail.