Announcing the New Lockdown Browser:
With the Lockdown Browser, you will no longer be able to open other browser windows when taking content assessments.
- If you request a content assessment using Chrome and the lockdown browser isn’t installed, you will get a message asking you to install the lockdown browser. You should talk to your teacher about getting it installed.
- If you request a content assessment using a non-Chrome browser, you will get a message asking you to install the lockdown browser. Please switch to Chrome to take your content assessment.
- If you x-out of your assessment, the Summit Learning Platform won’t save your work. You’ll need to request the assessment again.
What does it look like?
You request a content assessment and teachers approve it as usual. When you click “Start Assessment” the locked experience will begin, and you won’t be able to navigate to other browser tabs. Once the assessment is completed the locked experience ends.
Since we make the assessment full-screen here are some keyboard shortcuts that can be used:
- Ctrl + Shift and + | Increase screen scale, making items appear larger on your screen.
- Ctrl + Shift and – | Decrease screen scale, making items appear smaller on your screen.
- Ctrl + Shift and ) | Reset screen scale to the default setting.
- Ctrl + ALT and Z | Turn on spoken feedback