Early Dismissal --
Fri., 1/25 - JH GB at 2:55.
IF you have Q3 study hall, this is where to go on Tues., 1/22..
Q3 Study Halls
P1 7th & 8th boys to Mrs. Dibble
P1 7th & 8th girls to Mrs. Kletscher
P1 9-12 to Mrs. Zollner
P2 9-12 to Mrs. Bonnstetter
P3 9-12 to Mr. Theisen
P4 9-12 to Tina
P5 9-12 to Library
P6 9-12 to Mr. Merrick
01. Lunch today: Burger bar, french fries, fruit, milk
Breakfast tomorrow: Cheese omelet, toast,, fruit, juice, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Deli combo sub, fixings, glazed carrots, fruit, milk
02. College/Military Reps:
Thurs. Jan. 24, MN West, 10:00 am
Lake Area Tech, 1:45 pm
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Tues., 1/229 - Dynamic Reading, P3a
04. FFA NEWS:
Small Animal Practice after school on Wednesday's
Fish and Wildlife practice during lunch in Library Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Competition for all is February 15th
05. SENIOR NEWS:
SENIORS have you applied for the scholarships at the college you have chosen to go to? www.ohe.state.mn.us/mnscholarships
Senior Class members….please pick up and pay for your senior t-shirts from Mr. Theisen asap. (Cost is $11.00) Also, pick up a senior scholarship form from Mr. Theisen. Scholarship deadline is March 7.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb. 15- Basin Electric Power Coop (Redwood County students)
Feb 28, Walnut Grove Area Foundation
March 1, MN Soybean Processors
March 7- WWG Local Area Scholarship
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
March 15, Missouri River Energy Svc.
March 15, American Legion Auxiliary
April 1, American Legion
07. New books in the library.
Child of the Wolves by Elizabeth Hall
AR: (770), 4 pts.Granite, a Siberian Husky who escapes from his kennel finds himself trying to survive by earning himself a place in the pack of wolves that take him in as one of their own.
08. FOUND - a pair of black and white Vans hi-tops.
09. WWG OAP PRACTICE -
Wed., 1/23 - 3:15 practice, 4:30 public performance
Thurs., 1/24 - RELEASE to theater after Lunch to prepare Dress and makeup 12:30. Run though at 1:30. SHOW at 2:15. Critique and fix at 3:30 until 5:30.
Fri., 1/25 - 6:00-7:30
Sat., 1/26 - ON BUS at 6:00 a.m. in Westbrook and 6:20 in Walnut Grove and 6:30 in Revere. Arrive by 7:20 a.m. and unload doing an immediate sound check. One Act competition at Redwood Falls
10. Students have until Fri., 2/1 to improve grade if teacher allows.
11. Westbrook Kiwanis will be serving BBQ's and cheesy potatoes at the girls’ basketball game Thursday, 1/24 from 5:30 - 7:30.
12. One Act play performance for all HS students will be on Thurs., 1/24 at 2:15 PM. Students should be dismissed to attend at 2:10.
13. Minnesota Honor Society
Students in grades 10-12 with at least a 3.0 GPA are eligible for Honor Society consideration. Qualified candidates must also be involved in school and community activities and possess leadership qualities.
You can pick up an information form at the HS office. Forms are due back to the office by Friday, Jan. 25.
14. Speech - Practices are in Westbrook on Wednesdays at 3:30-5:30 or in Walnut Grove on Thursdays at 3:30-5:30. If you can't make those times you need to see Mrs. Caygle to schedule another time. Please pay for their t-shirts by Jan. 25th.
15. Snow week has been moved to the week of February 4 - 8. There will not be a coronation for snow week. There will be a dance for grades 9-12 on Friday night 2/8 after the boys basketball game.
16. An FCA Sponsored Kickball Tournament will take place Tuesday, February 5, during Snow Week. You must be academically eligible in order to participate.Teams of seven, entry fee is $14/team (That’s just $2/person!). Students will be excused from class to participate when their team is called to play. Students ARE responsible for the work they miss. The entry fees collected will be donated to charity. Registration forms are available at the office window. See Kelsey DeSmith, Eliz Wiggins, Bethany Byers, or Mrs. Byers with questions.
17. WWG HS will be hosting an ALICE training session for school board members, parents, and district communities. January 28, 6 to 7pm, HS lunch room. Community members can attend and learn about what the school is doing to prepare for a possible emergency event.
18. Senior High Knowledge Bowl is starting up!! Students grades 8-12 can participate. Practice will begin Friday, 1/25/19 during Lunch in Ms. Schoephoerster's room AND EVERY FRIDAY AFTER! It's fun, not a huge time commitment (only 3-4 Monday nights and 2 days out of school, and weekly practices) and you get to eat at McDonalds.
19. Physics students need to see Mr. Merrick this week.
20. 8th graders that were in Social 8 with Ms. Schoephoerster 1st semester have an extra credit movie night opportunity. Come to Ms. Schoephoerster's room Wednesday, 1/23/19 at 7 pm to watch the movie The Good Lie. The movie is about 2 hours long. Feel free to bring snacks. (This is extra credit, not required.)
21. Juniors will have a class meeting on Tuesday, 1/29/19 in Ms. Schoephoerster's room at 8 am. Please also look at the sign up sheets outside of Mrs.Byer's door to sign up for concessions. Thanks.
22. Soccer - 7th & 8th gr. Students interested in Plum Creek Area Soccer this spring may pick up a registration form at the HS office. They are due to Kristy Baker by Feb. 15.
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
Mon., 2/4 - ECFE at WB, 5:30. No ECFE in January.
Sun., 1/27 - Open Gym at WB & WG, 1:00-3:00.
Kids’ Open Gym at WB, 3:00-5:00.
Mon., 1/28 - School Board at WB, 7:00 PM.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Wed., 1/23 - One Act public performance, 4:30 PM.
Thurs., 1/24 - GB, RRC at WB, 6:00.Pep band plays. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Barron. Kiwanis serving food.
JH BB at Slayton, 4:30. Bus leaves WB at 3:20.
WR, Luverne, F-MCC at Tracy, 5:00. Van leaves WB at 3:10.
One Act performance for HS, 2:15.
Fri., 1/25 - JH GB at Cottonwood, 4:30. Bus leaves WB at 3:00.
BB at Edgerton, 6:00. Bus leaves W at 4:30.
Sat., 1/26 - GB at Ellsworth, noon. Bus leaves WG at 9:40, WB at 10:00.
Mon., 1/28 - Parent informational meeting re: ALICE training, 6:00-7:00 PM. HS lunch room.
JH GB, MLA at WG, 4:30.
Tues., 1/29 - GB, HBC at WB, 7:30. Supervisor-Theisen, Concessions-Juniors, Conc. Supervisor-Barron.
JH GB at Heron Lake, 4:30.
BB, HBC at WB, 6:00. B at 4:45.
JH BB at Windom, 4:30.
Thurs., 1/31 - GB at Adrian, 6:00.
JH BB at Brewster, 4:30.
WR, JCC at WB, 6:00.Pep band plays. Supervisor-Theisen, Conc.-Cheer Team, Conc. Supervisor-E. Richards.
Fri., 2/1 - BB at Slayton, C at 5:00, B & Varsity to follow.
Sat., 2/2 - 4th & 5th gr. GB at WB, 8:30-noon.
BB, 9th gr. Tourney.
One Act Sections.