Early Dismissal --
Thurs., 12/13 - Wrestlers dismissed at 2:25.
01. Lunch today: Turkey Holiday Meal, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato, fruit, milk.
Breakfast tomorrow: Cinnamon roll,, fruit, milk
Lunch tomorrow: Italian sub, glazed carrots, corn, fruit, milk.
02. College/Military Reps:
Thurs., Dec. 13, U.S. Army, 11:15 am
03. LIFE 101/DYNAMIC READING NOTES:
Wed., 12/12 - Class meetings.
7th gr. Meets in Mrs. Ross’ rm
8th gr. Meets in Mrs. Kletscher’s rm
9th gr. Meets in Mr. Merrick’s rm
10th gr. Meets in the lunchroom
11th gr. No meeting, job shadow day
12th gr. Meets in Mr. Theisen’s rm
Fri., 12/14 - 8:25, Life 101
7-8th gr. Meet in choir room w/Mrs. Wahl & Mrs. Johnson
9-11th gr. Meet in gym w/Mrs. Nelson
12th gr. Meet in Mr. Merrick’s room w/Mrs. Eisfeld
Tues., 12/18 - Dynamic Reading, P6a
04. FFA NEWS:
FFA Fruit is in.
Wednesday by appointment
Remember fruit freezes. Don’t let it.
05. SENIOR NEWS:
Turn in your Resume & Cover Letter to Mrs. Ourada before December 20th.
06. Scholarship Deadlines
Feb. 15- Basin Electric Power Coop (Redwood County students)
March 8- Redwood Electric- Operation Roundup (Redwood County)
07. New books in the library.
The Last Kids on Earth and the Cosmic Beyond by Max Brallier
When a villainess steals Jack's prized monster-slaying tool, the Louisville Slicer, he vows to get it back, but it won't be easy. Jack and his friends soon discover that the Louisville Slicer is the key to a dark plan that threatens the world. Book #4
08. JH KB will meet during lunch in Ms. Schoephoerster's room on Fridays and every other Wednesday (alternating with FCA meetings).
09. WWG OAP PRACTICE -
Wed., 12/12 - 3:30-5:30
Thurs., 12/13 - 6:00-8:30
Sat., 12/15 - 9:00-noon
Mon., 12/17 - 3:30-5:30
Tues., 12/18 - No Practice
Wed., 12/19 - 3:30-5:30
Thurs., 12/20 - 6:00-8:30
Fri., 12/21 - No Practice
10. The school board approved a 1/2 credit required Lifetime Fitness class.
-Starting with class of 2020, 10-12th grade will be required to take a Lifetime Fitness course to graduate high school.
-You can get a jump start on this by taking Lifetime Fitness 2nd semester as a skinny period 5, as a quarter 3 block in period 3, or as a quarter 4 block period 3.
Talk with Mrs. Ourada if you would like to make scheduling changes to meet the Lifetime Fitness requirement..
11.Starting 2nd semester, students will have ONE DAY, the first day of the new semester, to make changes to their schedule. Make changes before the end of the first day, or no changes to schedule will be accepted. Take a look at your 2nd sem. Schedule online. You can make changes with Mrs. Ourada anytime before the 2nd day of 2nd semester.
12. There will be a 1Nation meeting Wednesday after school.
13. Penny Drive Winner - Mrs. Zollner’s Human Development class w/$2.11 per person. Total amount given to Mary & Martha's Pantry: $344.47 from students and an additional $155.53 from the student council for a grand total of $500.00!!
14. Fri., 12/21 - School will dismiss at 12:30 with regular routes at 12:55.
15. The Earth Yes class is collecting old or even broken Christmas lights. If you have Christmas lights that are not working please bring it to the Earth Yes class in Mr. Merrick’s room. We would really appreciate you doing it.
Did you know switching to LED lights helps it helps you save money. The more you know the less you pay.
16. FCA will have a lunch meeting in Mrs. Byers' room Wednesday, December 12.
17. HELP WANTED:
Four 9-12 grade assistants are needed for the Walnut Grove Community Christmas event on Wed., 12/19/18, 4:30-8:30 PM.
You will be helping children and can earn $40 to be put in your class trip account.
Call Paula at WG city office, 507-859-2135.
18. JH Movie Night! This Saturday 12/15 in the auditorium at 7pm. Free admission and treats for purchase. There will be a sign up sheet at the office for those who will need to take the bus from Walnut Grove.
19. Sports Update:
TMB/WWG wrestlers won both matches over Pipestone and Adrian last night.
The WWG Girls A and B squads both lost close games to Adrian.
The WWG 7th & 8th grade boys basketball teams both won over Fulda .
01. Weekly Progress Reports are due on Wednesdays. Reports are printed by 7:45 AM on Thursdays.
02. Pay only the taxes on the $200 value for a year long Fitness Membership to the WWG Fitness Centers and enjoy unlimited use all year long. Each year the WWG School Board offers all regularly employed WWG staff an Annual Membership to the schools Fitness Centers.
Each calendar year, employees can choose to be a member. If you have been a member in the past, you will need to renew your membership each December for the upcoming year. If you would like to join, please contact me this December. Thanks, Jane Hass
03. CPT on Fri., 12/14 in Schoephoerster’s room.
Mon., 12/17 - ECFE at WB, 5:30.
WEEKLY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Thurs., 12/13 - JH GB, MCC at WG, 4:30.
BB at Mtn. Lake, 6:00. Bus leaves WB at 4:40.
WR, Windom, W-RRC at Wabasso, 5:00. Van leaves WB at 2:35.
Fri., 12/14 - GB at Edgerton, 6:00. Bus leaves WB at 4:30.
Tues., 12/18 - GB at Renville, 6:00.
BB at Fulda, 6:00.
Thurs., 12/20 - JH GB at Lamberton, 4:00.
JH BB, RRC at WG, 4:00.
Fri., 12/21 - School dismisses at 12:30.
BB, Holiday Tourney at Minneota, 6:00 PM.
WR at Redwood Falls Tourney, 4:00.
Sat., 12/22 - BB, Holiday Tourney at Minneota.
WR at Redwood Falls Tourney.