- wash new tattoo several times a day (4-5) with clean washed hands. Until tattoo is healed (about 2-3 weeks) Do NOT touch your tattoo unless you have washed your hands first
- Remove Saran Wrap (first 3 days only)
- Wash hands
- Wash tattoo
- Airdry 5-10 min
- Ointment (first 3 days only) or Lotion (After first 3 days)
- Rewrap (first 3 days only)
- First 3 days- after washing tattoo apply a very small amount of ointment/balm in a thin layer (it should not be shinny) over the entire tattoo several times a day, if you are wrapping your tattoo please change wrapping. Wrap tattoo at night or if clothing is irritating skin. Do not use too much ointment or you will smother and irritate your tattoo
- After the first 3 days: switch to a non-scented lotion after you firmly wash your tattoo. Do not wrap tattoo anymore.
- DO NOT: wearing tight clothing, go into large bodies of water (pool, ocean, hot tubs, etc.), go to the gym or activities that lead to excessive amounts of sweating, and exposure to the sun for the first two weeks
- If Scabbing happens:
- Keep the scab moist by applying a warm almost hot, wet compress 2 to 3 times a day.
- Dry it immediately after washing by patting dry with clean paper towel.
- Let air dry for 5 min
- Apply lotion to the scab to keep it healthier and less likely to fall off or become cracked.
This will help promote healing by allowing the skin beneath the scab to regenerate.
- And remember, DON’T pick, peel or scratch any scabbing or hard layers. These hard layers are NORMAL and picking them off could damage or remove color.
RELAX & ENJOY!
Dr. Bronners Body/ Tattoo Balm
St. Ives Intensive Healing (Fragrance Free) Lotion
Safe 4 Hours
First Aid Antiseptic Skin Protectant
The Merry Hempsters
Dial Soap Gold
**If you have any concerns or questions contact me immediately, email@example.com