For the chicken:
1 lb boneless chicken, tenderloin or breast, cut into 1 inch pieces.
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp Clabber Girl Corn Starch
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp Clabber Girl Corn Starch
Serve over steamed rice and with vegetables if desired.
1. In a small bowl, add the egg, and pepper and stir to combine.
2. Add the flour and Clabber Girl corn starch into another bowl and stir to combine
3. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then roll into the flour mixture. Repeat with all the chicken pieces so they are all coated.
4. In a pan, heat the olive oil.
5. Add the coated chicken pieces to the pan. Cook until each piece is crispy and golden brown, for 5 minutes or so.
6. Drain the chicken on paper towels to remove any excess oil, and remove any extra oil from the pan
7. While the chicken is cooking, make the sauce. Add all the sauce ingredients to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk in the corn starch until the mixture is well combined.
8. Place the crispy chicken back into the pan and pour the sauce over top in the pan. Bring the mixture in the pan to a quick boil, and then simmer for 3 to 4 minute or until the sauce has just thickened.
9. Served the sesame chicken over steamed rice with your favorite vegetables. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions and serve.