WHITE SAILS RACE – SAT. 25TH AUGUST 2018
- This is a fun event ! I And is a longish distance offshore race.
- At least one member of the crew must be appropriately dressed in Pirate’s costume. Evidence of this must be given to the Quarterdeck before the start – or there will be a Starting Time Penalty !
- The race will be timed, and scored using the N.H.C Handicap Scheme (published by the RYA). The race handicaps will be decided before the start of the race. So please ensure we have your entry forms – completed ! By Friday evening would be fantastic! Please ensure you have adequate insurance.
- If, during the trip, you manage to photograph an “oops moment” or other embarrassing scenario, you can submit this for consideration for a “special” prize. Please let us know if you are not happy for these to be shown on social media.
COURSE AND OTHER ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
- The start line will be the Club start line (white pole with double orange cross in car park in line with white painted line on. Starting is from west to east.
- White sails only (main & genoa/jib- does not mean you can use a white Spinnaker); engine off at the 5 minute warning (claims to be battery charging not acceptable).
- All instructions from the quarterdeck will be on Ch 37 (M1)
- Boats crossing the start line before the start time - will be named and shamed (that means go back and start again).
- Start time is 09.30. This could be subject to delay depending on ferry movements.
- You will get 5 minute & 1 minute warnings and a final 5 second countdown.
- The course will be advised by radio about 30 minutes before the start.
- Finish by returning over the starting line (going the other way - east to west).
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN – BUT STAY SAFE TOO !
Oh – and no cheating!