Class of 2021
2nd Semester Timeline – February
(Please see electronic version on the website)
Important Dates to remember: Please remember that all dates are subject to change!
- On-going: updated information regarding: general school events and other announcements at the Eastern HS web page: https://www.lansingschools.net/schools/high-schools/eastern/
- On-going: Scholarships: Check local/national scholarship link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSJH850AaSiTLkhcBAAxIIZpN0WFLJbS3I8-YDoWzEiorZ81DtgLuwsFtnYZmeXy7HxzXQpi4ShLK3Q/pub
- Upcoming LOCAL scholarships include:
- Delta Sigma Theta: February 23rd to Ms. Truong
- Omega Psi Phi - March 24th to Ms. Truong
- APAWA - April 27 to Ms. Lindell
- On-going: Schedule an appointment with your School Counselor: https://www.lansingschools.net/schools/high-schools/eastern/counseling-center/
- Academic progress
- College/Career plans
- Other concerns
- February 3: Graduation Packet Pick up 10 AM - 1 PM at Eastern HS
- Order online at: www.jostens.com
- “Cap and Gown - unit” - make sure to provide proper height and weight information about self
- SUBMISSION DUE on February 14
- February 17: Virtual Senior Dinner: 6 - 7:30 PM
- HOPE and Lansing Promise Scholarship Overview
- FAFSA info session
- Virtual Break out sessions with: Olivet College; LCC; MSU
- Please RSVP to attend: https://forms.gle/CGWs9mJGN7XzsUk3A
- February - April: Continuously check your college email and follow steps provided in those emails regarding the following:
- FAFSA completion
- Scholarships available
- Claiming accounts
- Placement testing (if applicable)
- Signing up for Orientation
- March 1: LAST DAY to submit your FAFSA
- Attend FAFSA Completion Workshops with Ms. Truong; Please see information below regarding upcoming events
- Dates include: February 10th & February 24th (3:00 - 4:30pm)
- Register at this page to attend: https://bit.ly/3dpwxLn
- Please note materials needed to complete the FAFSA listed on the back of this document or here: https://bit.ly/31nSHsr
- March 10, 11 and 12th: WIDA testing for identified Bilingual Students
- April 5 – April 9: Spring Break
- May: International Baccalaureate testing; please follow guidelines provided by IBDP teachers and Ms. Oberlitner
- May 1 Decision Day Celebration: TBD
- End of Year celebrations: Please note that information will be forthcoming:
- AKA Senior Salute for African American graduates: TBD
- 3.5 GPA banquet: TBD
- CLAC Hispanic graduation recognition: TBD
- Baccalaureate Ceremony: TBD
- Senior end of year dates:
- Senior obligation return: TBD
- Senior final exams: TBD
- Senior last day: TBD
- Senior Awards: TBD
- Graduation Practice: TBD
- Graduation: tentatively set for: Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 6 PM
**FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Necessary Items for Workshops **
- 2019 or 2020 TAX return and/or W2 documents
- Social Security Number for BOTH parents and student
- Driver’ License for parents and student (only if you have one)
- Entering US Registration or Permanent Resident Card (if you are NOT a US citizen)
- This application is FREE
- A FSA ID must be created for both student and parent PRIOR to completing an application.
- This application MUST be completed ONLINE using the website at www.fafsa.ed.gov for quickest results.
- This application MUST be submitted on or before March 1, 2021 to obtain any/all scholarships through the state of Michigan based on ACT/SAT test scores.
- A STUDENT AID REPORT or SAR will be sent to the VALID EMAIL address provided when completing the initial FAFSA application – PLEASE check your email OFTEN.
- Complete the SAR immediately upon receipt by following the written instructions.
- If you do not receive a Student Aid Report within 10 – 20 days after submission of the FAFSA, there could be something wrong. Contact 1.800.433.3243 (the national hotline for FAFSA) for assistance.
- Follow up with the school you plan to attend in the fall if you have further questions about the FAFSA process by calling their FINANCIAL AID OFFICE. Numbers are located on the website of the school you will be attending.
Please contact your School Counselor if you have questions about anything on this document.