MARINETTE COUNTY DEMOCRATIC PARTY GENERAL MEETING
OCTOBER 26, 2017 6:00 PM
UW-Marinette Center Main Building #M-110
Call to order
Pledge of allegiance
Motion to accept agenda
- Secretary’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Membership & Communications
- 2017 Florence Magnuson Memorial Dinner October 02, 2017 @ Little River CC;
- Peshtigo Historical Day Parade;
- Possible Collaboration with the Menominee County Democratic Party
- Guest Speaker - Dale Burie, President of the Coalition to SAVE the Menominee River, Inc.
- Dale is a retired Safety & Risk Coordinator from Tyson Foods, Nashville,Tennessee. He and his wife, Lea Jane, moved to the McAllister area four years ago to enjoy the peace and serenity of northern Wisconsin in their long-awaited retirement home. Both spent many years in the music business in Nashville and served their church as worship leaders, as they continue to do today at Community Lutheran Church in McAllister, Wisconsin.
The Coalition to SAVE the Menominee River, Inc. was organized April 7, 2017, in order to educate people on the dangers of Metallic Sulfide Mining, and to protect our air, water, and soils from contamination. The movement has steadily grown to encompass support from several states.
- Bart Stupak Book signing Sunday, November 5 from 1-3 at Murray’s in Menominee