WHICH CHROMEBOOK DO I CHOOSE FOR MY CHILD TO HAVE AT HOME?
St. Pius uses the CTL NL7TW-360. However, this might not be the right choice for you. Here are some features and options you should consider:
- Laptop style
- 2 in 1 (fold into a tablet)
- Chromebox (Will need a separate monitor and keyboard)
- Touch (I consider this a must-have)
- Active Stylus (nice to have)
- Android applications ( I consider this a must-have)
Things to Note
- Parts and accessories are usually more readily available for the more popular models.
- Warranty details vary greatly from one manufacturer to another.
- If the intended user is tough on electronic devices, It might be cheaper buying a less expensive device and plan to replace it more often instead of trying to invest in one that can withstand the abuse.
- Chrome OS devices are usually supported for 5 years from the date of the initial release. During that support period, all the software and OS updates will be provided. Once the Chromebook stops receiving updates It will become vulnerable to security threats. How long each model is supported is published here on Google's website.
Once you know which features you want, you can use this website that has every Chromebook device listed to help you find the right fit for you.