SFES PTO Meeting Minutes
Attendees: Mr. Fowler, Heather, Becky, Kresta, Jennifer, Mrs. Meadows, Stephanie, Liz, Jennifer
Location: Conference Room
Minutes Recorder: Stephanie Wilson
Principal's report: Mr. Fowler
- Chromebooks waiting on 501(c)(3) determination w/ new company to purchase tax free
- Spanish Immersion Program - K+1 in 2018-19 School Year
ITEM 2 TOPIC: President’s Report Presented by: Heather
- Feb 14 - 1st Grade Staff Lunch
- Establish Week of Giving - 2/12-2/16
- Blood Drive
- Words of Encouragement to Soldiers?
- Hearts & Hope?
- Tanya Frye’s Children’s Hospital - Kids helping other kids?
ITEM 3 TOPIC: Fundraising Report Presented by: Liz
- IDEA: Movie Night - Summer? End of Camp Invention? Tabled.
- Linebergers - need to set date, revenue share, and to open on a closed day.
- IDEA: Painting Night - Craft Night Out around Mother’s Day. Tabled.
- $30/adult, $25/kid.
- Profit = $5/pp
- Coordinate rev share and date with Linebergers. Consult Luke Walling
ITEM 4 TOPIC: Treasurer’s Report Presented by:
- MIH Update - $15,559 spent so far this year.
- Including 2016 rollover, there is $43,161.98 left as 12/31/18
- Final deadline for teachers to turn in MIH requests = 2/4/18
ITEM 5 TOPIC: Vice President’s Report Presented by: Becky
- Mother/Son STEM Night - details
- IDEA: Spirit Sticks - Mystery Eggs w/ Spirit Sticks?
- Valentine’s Grams to include Spirit Sticks.
ITEM 6 TOPIC: Communications’ Report Presented by: Stephanie
- IDEA: Publix Event? Opening 2/14/18
- Social Media storm about opening
- Pass out Publix cards to student body the week of 2/5/18 with a flyer
ITEM 7 TOPIC: Volunteer Coordinator Presented by: Kresta
- Coordinating MIH prize lunches for winning teachers
- Set up volunteer schedule
NEXT PTO MEETING DATES & UPCOMING EVENTS
Upcoming PTO Meeting Dates
- Executive Board Meeting: Tuesday, 2/6 @2:30PM
- General Meeting: Friday, 2/9 @ 5:45pm
Upcoming Event Dates
- 1/29-2/13 - Valentine's Grams for Sale! Spirit Sticks & Lollipops
- Friday, 2/9 6PM-8PM - Mother-Son STEM Night @SFES Cafeteria
- Friday, 2/16 - Box Tops Due!
- Friday, 3/2 - Dine for Dollars at Chuck E. Cheese in Hickory
- Friday, 3/16 - Track Attack Gives Back
- Friday 3/23 - Wizard of Oz Production by SFES' 4th-6th graders at Newton-Conover Auditorium
- Friday, 4/20 @6pm - Father Daughter Dance!
ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING
There being no additional business to conduct, the meeting was adjourned.
PTO Secretary | Communications