Tairangi School Procedure Statement
THEFT AND FRAUD PREVENTION NAG 6 Legislation & Regulation NAG 4 Finance and Property
The following procedures are to be followed by the school:
- All purchases will have an order form signed by the Principal before purchase.
- Order book will be kept secure.
- All money collected will be receipted.
- All due care will be taken when accounting for money lodged under the school’s name.
- Money will not be left unattended.
- Counting of money will only take place when there is another responsible staff member in close proximity (e.g. the principal)
- Reimbursements for staff will have order form and receipts attached.
- All money arriving from a classroom will be checked first by the classroom teacher and verified by the Office Manager.
- All money arriving from classrooms will be accounted for in the class admin book and details entered on the enclosed tally sheets.
- All money held at school will be lodged in the school safe for security reasons.
- The combination of the safe will only be known to the Principal and Office Manager.
- Any loss of money will be fully investigated by the Principal.
- Any ongoing irregularities will be referred to the BOT who may in turn seek Police assistance.
Reviewed October 2013
File:theft_fraud6.doc Procedure Statement – Theft & Fraud Prevention