Minneapolis Telecommunications Network
Board Meeting Agenda
Friday, December 15th, 2017
- Call to Order
- Vote to approve 2018 Budget
- Decision about one-year Board terms beginning on 1/5/2018 and new members starting on committees
- Brainstorming with Freelancers, Board, and Staff on the Ambassador program and training opportunities in 2018
- Board meeting adjourned
Board Meeting Minutes:
- Attendance - Sam, Kyle, Tracey and Jon in attendance, Mike - Absent with notice
- Board voted to approve the 2018 budget they had received weeks prior for review.
- A vote was held to instill a process for new Board Member onboarding:
Each vetted candidate will be invited to first participate on one of our four committees: Community and Member Engagement, Outreach and Partnerships, Programming, and Finance before being voted into an official seat on the board. This process will be used to see if candidates are serious about the mission, and able to participate functionally within the organization.
- Held a brainstorming session with freelancers, board, and staff regarding the Ambassador program and how it would help more people engage with the organization beginning in 2018.