Spring Session 2019-Week 1
“Fixing What You Can’t Fix”
WELCOME - Greet your friends and welcome them to your gathering
CONNECTING WITH GOD’S FAMILY
Charlie Brown and the peanuts gang had a character named Pig Pen. He always had a cloud of dust around him. What cloud of dusty regrets would you like most removed from your life? Google Pig Pen, Peanuts Gang and watch a one- Minute video just for fun!
Growing to be like Christ
- Read Romans 8:1- Guild shame can be crippling in our lives. We all have a history that we would like to forget. It’s called sin. It only takes a name or memory to bring up the pain of the past. We can try to fix the past by saying sorry and asking for forgiveness, but some of the things we have done hang over our lives like a cloud. Since there is no condemnation in Jesus, why do we allow condemnation to remain in our lives.
- Read Romans 6:10- When you were growing up did Christianity seem to be about what God wanted from you or what God had done for you?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:21- What are some potential problems of living with guilt and shame? Have you seen guilt and shame affect your life or other people?
- Read Ephesians 1:7- What are your thoughts on God providing a Savior so you can experience a relationship with Him?
- Read Colossians 2:13- Our role is to accept what Jesus has already done for us. WHy do people try to pay for sin that has already been paid for? How does this change the way you can live?
- Read Colossians 2:14- What debt would you like to thank God for cancelling in your life? What is one thing you can do to build new memorials of remembrance that you have been forgiven from your past failures? What can this group do to support you?
“Fix your eyes on Jesus and He will fix you!”
-Conclude in prayer