February 17th - 21st
- There will be an assembly at 11 AM today (Tuesday) for 10th and 11th Graders interested in enrolling in the Fast Track program.
- There is no school on campus tomorrow (Wednesday). This is a Virtual School Day. Students will be given an assignment that will be due Friday morning. Students who do not turn in these assignments will be given an unexcused absence for Wednesday.
- Students wanting to be enrolled in the Access Virtual School Academy need to see Mrs. Koch as soon as possible. The deadline to sign up is April 1st.
- The Miss Enhancer Pageant will be in the Lane Horton Gymnasium at 2 PM on March 14th. Applications for contestants are now available from Ms. Weldon.
- 9th Graders experiencing issues with Chromebooks can see Mr. Adams from 7:45 to 8:30 each day. Requests outside of that time can be noted through Google Forms. Click here to access the Chromebook Form.
- HHS Yearbooks are currently on sale for $40. This price will be available until March 1st. The deadline to purchase a yearbook is April 1st. The cost for senior yearbooks are included in the senior fee.
- Anyone interested in being featured for art in the yearbook should submit original works of art (graphic or sketch), poetry, writing, or music to Mrs. Cone (through Google Drive - email@example.com) by February 28.
- Senior ads are now available for purchase for the yearbook. Please see Mrs. Cone or a member of the yearbook staff for details or to make a purchase.
- Seniors should submit baby pictures to Mrs. Cone for inclusion in the yearbook. These are due by March 21st.
- Juniors and Seniors, prom tickets (wristbands) are on sale for $20 until April 1st. After that date, the cost for wristbands will increase to $25. Prom is on May 9th at 7 PM. Please see Mrs. Chambers to purchase tickets/wristbands.
- Congratulations to the varsity boys for winning the regional semi-final game against Piedmont! The team advances to play in the regional championship against Midfield at Jacksonville State at 2 PM tomorrow.
- Students wanting to ride the bus to Wednesday’s game need to return the permission slip today (Tuesday). The bus will leave at 10 AM. Lunch will be provided, but you must purchase your own ticket to the game.
- Coach Sullivan is offering a volleyball clinic for any girls interested in learning the sport. The first day of clinics will be February 20th and the cost is $5. Please see Coach Sullivan or a volleyball player for more information. Applications are available in the office or on the school website.
- Congratulations to members of the HHS Band for making the University of Montevallo Honor Band: Ella Absher, Harmon Adams, Manisha Adams, Tristen Burks, Ivan Conway, Ty Duke, Ramses Garcia, Cynthia Lara, Devin Weaver, and Xander Williamsen.
HHS Clubs and Organizations
- Congratulations to the Scholars Bowl team for the 2nd Place finish at the district tournament. This qualifies the team for the state tournament on April 17th.
- First Priority will meet every Thursday at 7:30 AM in the conference room.