September 16th - 20th
- Please return Virtual Day assignments to the following teachers:
Mrs. Watson - 9th Grade
Mrs. Brown - 10th Grade
Mrs. Cone - 11th Grade
Mr. McCain - 12th Grade
You must return the assignment by today (Friday).
- Kona Ice will be here today. Prices range from $2 to $6.
- We will have assemblies today concerning the Jason Flatt Law. 11th and 12th Graders will be at 9:50 and 9th and 10th Graders will be at 10:40.
- This is Homecoming 2019! Click here to see more information about homecoming.
- Upcoming Homecoming activities include the parade today at 1:30, followed by the pep rally, the HHS Band Homecoming Supper (see below) from 4 to 7, the football game against Vinemont at 7 (Go Dawgs!), the awarding of the homecoming court at halftime, and the Homecoming Dance following the game (see below).
- The HHS Band will host the Homecoming Supper from 4 to 7 tomorrow night. Tickets are $10. The meal includes chicken-and-dressing, green beans, mashed potatoes, slaw, rolls, cranberry sauce, and dessert and is provided by Stone Bridge Farms. See band members for details.
- There will be a Homecoming Dance after the game from 9 PM to 12 AM. The dance will be held in the Lane Horton Gymnasium. The cost is $5 (or $3 with a game ticket). See M. Chandler for more details.
- Homecoming representatives are Shayla Day (Senior), Josey Brown (Senior), Kaitlynn Harris (Senior), Stacy Cortes (Senior), Lizbeth Marquez (Junior), Victoria Stanley (Sophomore), and Savana McAnnally (Freshman). Please go to the school website to vote.
- If you would like to purchase a class shirt for $10, see Mrs. Chambers. There are only a few left.
- On Tuesday, September 24, Mr. Dobbs, the theater teacher at Fairview High School, will be here to sign up students interested in auditioning for the county-wide musical Little Shop of Horrors (including non-singing roles). He will provide audition dates, times, and locations.
- The community meeting for Hanceville schools with Dr. Barnette will be September 26th at 6 PM in the cafeteria.
- School pictures and make-up senior formal pictures will be made on Friday, September 27th.
- Parents can use PayPams to make payments for school fees. This is linked on our website.
- The HHS Football team plays Vinemont tonight for the homecoming game.
- The volleyball team is selling chances to win a huge collection of school supplies. See Mrs. Sullivan to purchase a chance for $1.
- The HHS Cross Country team will run after school everyday at 3:15. Meet at the football field. If practice is cancelled or the time is changed, this will be announced during 7th Period.
HHS Clubs and Organizations
- Leo Club will meet during break on Monday (September 23rd) to elect officers and to receive information about volunteering.
- First Priority will meet every Thursday at 7:30 AM in the conference room.
- Scholars Bowl will practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school (until 3:45).