518-203-1158 | Woburn, MA
SR. SEARCH MARKETING MANAGER / SEO MANAGER /
SYSTEMS ARCHITECT / MARKETING ANALYST /
PRODUCT MANAGER / DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGIST /
WEB PRODUCER / WEB CONTENT MANAGER /
Accomplished Sr Marketing Manager with 20 years of experience driving both paid (SEM/PPC) and organic (SEO) search marketing programs, producing Wordpress and Drupal websites, improving website user experience (UX), conversion rate optimization (CRO), lead tracking (CRM / CX), website analytics, and developing marketing automation, demand generation, and lead nurturing programs for consumer, SAAS, high-tech, pharma, life science, healthcare, and educational institutions.
- Managed Amazon Music and Amazon Kindle Unlimited’s 1M+ global Google Ads campaigns utilizing Marin bid automation, reporting in Google Data Studio, and developed new Google Ads paid search campaign topic and bidding structure strategies.
- Saved over $100k in Adwords bi-weekly spend by analyzing CPA metrics, bidding strategy and Ad Group Structures and making bid adjustment strategy recommendations for a Fortune 100 client.
- Launched the Solidworks Podcast peaking at #25 in the Apple Tech Podcasts, acquired several hundred active listeners and over 10k listens.
- Developed and led the SEM and SEO Global Demand Generation Strategy for PerkinElmer and decreased the cost per conversion by 45% in just over 6 months for a global Google AdWords program with a 70K+ a month budget.
- Developed and implemented an internal SEO Demand Generation strategy for Cambridge Biomarketing Group to use when producing websites and content for pharmaceutical clients.
- Reduced Monthly Marketing Digital Driver report size from 70 to 20 pages by creating an on-demand business analytics Cyfe dashboard utilizing Google Analytics reporting on KPIs.
- Implemented Pardot Marketing Automation lead scoring models based on pulling leads into Salesforce sales funnels and assisted the ICS marketing team in tracking the full customer journey in Google Analytics.
- Launched, maintained, reported and optimized site analytics, and redesigned six websites in 3 years and over 20 Windows Surface Applications for Fortune 100 clients within 1 year for ICS.com.
- 2009 MITX Award Finalist for Wharton Business Schools Huntsman Program website - iFactory
- Winner of the Web Marketing Association web award for Outstanding Achievement in Website Development in the Sports category for www.LittleLeagueCoach.org and MITX Finalist in the Sports category – Cramer 2008.
- Presented business plan to accounting firms and investors for patent valuation; acquiring over $1M in capital for Niche Concepts, LLC JonesCAM helmet camera systems.
- Quadrupled the number of unique visitors and sales through strategic online marketing and SEO, achieving first page placement and top 3 rankings of targeted keywords on major search engines and Increased JonesCAM.tv site traffic by 20% in 1 month with a very limited online marketing budget.
- Accepted as a Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) Incubator Company and we developed the JonesCAM Helmet Camera systems. - a GoPro a decade ahead of its time.
General: Digital Marketing Strategy, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Search Engine Marketing (SEM), PPC Campaign Management, Social Media Marketing (SMM) Display Ads, Content Marketing, Website Production (Drupal and Wordpress), Demand Generation, Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics, Marketing Automation, Lead Nurturing, Salesforce CRM,
Web, UX, and Product Management: Competitive Analysis, Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO), building and managing full-stack website production teams, creating wireframes, A/B Testing, Hotjar heatmaps, Directing User Experience (UX) and information architecture website changes for traffic and lead generation, Pantheon, Dreamhost, and WPengine web hosting.
SEO/SEM/PPC/SMM/Display Ads: SEMrush, MOZ, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Xenu Sleuth, Marin Software, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Instagram Ads, Twitter Ads, Hootsuite, Sprinklr
RM Email, CRM and Marketing Automation Systems: Salesforce, Pardot, Hubspot, Campaign Monitor, Active Campaign, Eloqua, Constant Contact, Zapier, IFTTT
BI and Analytics: Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Spotfire, Cyfe Dashboards, Tableau, Supermetrics, Rivery
Video/Podcast: Live Webinars, YouTube, Soundcloud, Gotowebinar, Video Production, Editing, Live Streaming, Vimeo,
Software: Microsoft (MS) Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Project, MS Visio, Clickup, Redmine, Bugherd, TRAC, Jira, Gitlab, Openair, Project.Net, Eclipse, Adobe Photoshop Premiere, Illustrator, Captivate 4-5, Camtasia 3, Sony Vegas,
AdTech and Google Analytics Consultant - Contract - SpringEduGroup.com Nov - 2020 - Present
- Developed System Architecture specifications to develop an end to end call tracking / lead conversion tracking system between Mulesoft, Callrail, Netsuite, Salesforce, Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics on Wordpress multisites utilizing json APIs
- Integrated marketing automation systems (Google DoubleClick/DV360, SA360 and GA) and integrated those systems with multiple Wordpress websites
- Worked with marketing team to develop attribution and measurement solutions in an AdTech ecosystem.
- Utilized SEO concepts, teaching others of their importance and experiencing their implementation, especially utilizing Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Defined data requirements in collaboration with digital, marketing, and external teams.
- Designed, Managed and Orchestrated solutions for customer data onboarding and Identity services (1st Party and 3rd Party pixel sync and ID mapping).
- Analyzed and defined segments, customer behavior, and customer journeys to inform audience segmentation strategy.
- Designed, Manage and Orchestrated solutions for Attribution, Measurement and Optimization - Online Conversion Attribution, Brand Lift, Multi-channel attribution, Incremental sales lift.
- Managed timelines and milestones for development, Integrations, launches, and QA.
- Utilized Expertise in responsively coded websites and/or web applications and setting up grid systems without using existing frameworks or libraries such as Bootstrap or Foundation
Sr. Search Marketing Manager, Boston, MA - GuptaMedia.com Aug 2019 - Aug 2020
- Managed 1M+ / yr for Google Ads SEM campaigns for clients like Amazon, Industry West, Amazon AWS Intersect Festival, Fender, and Roc Nation.
- Launched and Managed a global Apple Search Ads campaign for Red Bull TV
- SEO keyword research, position reporting, and content topic recommendations for various clients.
- Became Marin Software Certified and utilized Marin Software for Amazon Music large scale bid optimization and bid automation.
- Developed an internal SEO content strategy for lead acquisition, made UX and Conversion Rate Optimizations (CRO), content recommendations, and published blog articles and web pages on Wordpress.
- Trained Analytics team in Google Data Studio assisting them in automating their Google Ads paid search marketing reporting to Amazon, Red Bull, Fender, and other clients.
Freelance Website Consultant, Drupal / WordPress Producer and Digital Marketing Strategist - HelloDigital.co - Woburn, MA (HelloDigital.co) formerly KenyonWS.com 2002 – Present
- SEO Strategy, Training, Google Analytics and Data Studio Dashboard creation for eClinicalsol.com, Miniluxe.com, GuptaMedia.com, Greeley.com, Medisafe.com
- Assisted in debugging and validating Lead channel conversion tracking between Hubspot, Salesforce, Google Tag Manager, and Google Data Studio for eClinicalsol.com and Greely.com
- PCOSDiva.com - SEO/SEM Training, Google Shopping, and Wordpress Consulting
- RobSpringPhotography.com - SEO / SEM and Facebook Advertising / Wordpress (2018-Q1 2019)
- Launched HashTagPlus.com, a startup company still in the alpha stage.
- Web Producer / Drupal Developer
- www.Fiksu.com - Drupal 7 Theming
- www.Section2Athletics.org (2003-2012) Drupal 7 Design, Development, and Administration
- www.TheWilbur.com (2010-2012) Webmaster, Drupal 6 Site Building, maintenance and Theming
- www.NYREIA.org (2007) Webmaster, Drupal 5 Site Building and Theming
- www.XtraMart.com Webmaster (Spring 2002 - Fall 2005) - Gathered user and business requirements then created paper mock-ups / wireframes, and sitemaps, to create a better website user experience.
- CMT Laboratories - 2003 Designed and developed an environmental lab’s online database solution for home inspectors synchronizing field data between MySQL and MS Access. - Performed on-site and remote computer tech support, network administration, Windows 2000 to Small Business Server system upgrades, virus recovery, and system maintenance.
Web Content Manager - Contract - Dassault Systèmes, Waltham, MA (Solidworks.com) 2018 – 2019
- Provided SEO training, Google Analytics reporting and guidance to the Solidworks content brand marketing team.
- Analyzed website for SEO best practices and made On-Page technical SEO and keyword recommendations utilizing web Google Analytics 360, Google Search Console, MOZ, and Sprinklr.
- Produced Google Data Studio reports, Presented solutions, and SEO training to the Draftsight and Solidworks Brand Marketing teams to promote best practices, identify Content Management System (CMS) gaps, and propose new tools, Demand Generation topics, and optimized SEO processes.
- Assisted in the production and distribution of the SOLIDWORKS Podcast Solidworks.com/podcast
- Proposed improvements and created wireframes to help improve the website UX and blog content to Lead CRO.
- Ran QA tests and implemented content transfers from the legacy OpenText based CMS to Drupal 8
- Wrote functional specifications for Website Google Data Studio Dashboard creation, re-design and other web-related projects.
- Coordinated associated activities & resources to guarantee high quality web projects are delivered on time.
- Synchronized project activities with all stakeholders (Corporate, IT, R&D, Sales, Marketing)
- Collected business needs from internal clients and stakeholders.
- Ensured consistency between deliverables and requirements and identify risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Provided regular reporting (operational & management) ensure project quality & timing.
- Built quality test books and execute QA tests.
- Capitalized on project deliverables to ensure reusability.
Sr. Search Marketing Specialist - Contract - PerkinElmer - Waltham, MA (PerkinElmer.com)
2017 – 2018
- Managed a Global Google Ads account in the Life Sciences industry with over $700k yearly spend.
- Set and executed strategies to improve the organic rankings of PerkinElmer web properties.
- Performed onsite optimization related to page titles, urls, redirects, internal link structures, seo copy editing, sitemaps review/maintenance.
- Identified and discovered new targeting keywords and explored content strategy through effective keyword research.
- Conducted market research and competitive analysis to assess strength, weakness, opportunities and threats of online marketing strategy.
- Monitored, tracked, and analyzed SEO ranking performance on an ongoing basis, and made SEO content recommendations as needed.
- Trained and led an internal marketing team on the latest SEO tools and techniques and communicated learnings to non-SEO experts in a mentoring role.
- Collaborated with different teams, such as website management, web analytics, business intelligence, content, UI design, branding/PR and engineering team on execution of projects.
- Worked with business stakeholders and partners to establish PPC best practices and trained team on new SEM strategy and process.
Digital Marketing Producer/Analyst - Contract - Cambridge BioMarketing Group - Cambridge, MA (CambridgeBMG.com) 2016 – 2017
- Analyzed, created, and consulted on SEM Google AdWords text and display ad Campaigns for Pharma Companies.
- Performed SEO analysis, keyword recommendations, and audits of various Pharma company product websites using SEMrush and Screaming Frog analysis tools.
- Developed a new SEO process that integrated with the current Marketing Playbook.
- Managed, tested, and deployed RM email marketing automation campaigns using Active Campaign and Campaign Monitor.
- Created Google Analytics based Cyfe Dashboards and updated process for on-demand client reporting needs of required KPIs, and traffic Driving Channel performance.
- Performed QA on multiple WordPress and Drupal 7 websites and email campaigns using Bugherd and Email On Acid.
Web Project Manager - Integrated Computer Solutions - Waltham, MA (www.ICS.com) 2012 - 2016
- Digital Marketing
- Managed and reduced Google AdWords PPC campaigns CPL to 30% of the previous cost, increased conversions by 200%, reduced average CPC by 20% while reducing overall spend by 40% within a 12 month period.
- Created Social Media paid promotion channels on Facebook and LinkedIn and trained staff in best practices for Google Analytics tag tracking and Hootsuite scheduled posting.
- Managed Social Media Ad Campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter increasing site traffic by 300% within 12 months.
- Targeted email lists using Pardot Marketing Automation and extended messaging and tracking to reach leads across multiple channels.
- Utilized Google Analytics tag tracking to centralize conversion tracking data and report to upper management on campaign progress.
- Web Project Management
- Lead the enhancement and upgrades of company websites from Drupal 7 to 8 using the foundation framework with a responsive redesign for an improved user experience.
- Project Manager for Windows 8 Mobile Application Redesign and Development for Microsoft, NFL, Bad Robot, Island Records, and other high-profile clients.
- Managed over 400k and more than 20 of Microsoft Surface Mobile Application design ports from iOS and Android to Windows 8 for Fortune 100 clients.
- Produced live webinars, landing pages, on-demand video, and social media promotion campaigns.
- Built CMS systems, trained marketing team on internal process, and lead a Drupal full stack Drupal 7-8 development team with a Frontend Developer, Backend Developer and Designer.
- Team lead for a Drupal Website development and UX design team that produced www.ICS.com, www.ViewPointTouch.com, www.QtDeveloperDays.com, www.AppVillage.com, and www.Project.net .
- Performed SEO enhancements increasing organic traffic by more than 20% for the company websites based on Google Analytics analysis, heat maps, and user feedback.
- Updated content and managed the schedule for Qt Developer Days North America and managed presenters as well as presentation room infrastructure.
- Product Manager
- Architected Leadtrack (a custom Drupal module for creating short links for tracking and managing leads and marketing campaigns). http://bit.ly/drupal-lead-track
- Performed competitive analysis, keyword analysis, Content Marketing Strategy. and SEO optimizations for ViewPointTouch.com, Topics, Project.net, AppVillage.com and Resource Planner.
Technical Project Manager - Contract - iFactory - Boston, MA (www.iFactory.com) 2012
- QA testing and test plan creation on Drupal 6 based websites hosted on Pantheon.
- Importing, normalizing, and updating product data into a live Drupal website Showroom.rockport.com. Rockport Shoes- http://bit.ly/rockport-drupalapp
- Writing and updating Technical Specifications for Drupal based websites on Yale.edu. Yale SEAS - http://seas.yale.edu/
Web Program Manager - COMSOL Multiphysics - Burlington, MA (www.COMSOL.com) 2009 - 2012
- Managed Online Marketing Programs comprising of SEO, PPC, Social Media, Inbound Marketing, and webinar video content creation reducing CPL by over 50%.
- Through my direct efforts increased lead value rates by over 30% for 2010.
- Increased organic traffic to the website by 30%+ and increased target keyword SERP positions via SEO website changes from competitive analysis and product-focused Keyword lists and Content Strategy.
- Monitored and set up reports with Google Analytics on segmented conversion rates for marketing resource planning and measuring lead generation and user engagement KPIs.
- Lead international website development team meetings.
- Utilized TRAC integrated with SVN for internal project ticket tracking.
- Updated website content (PHP, MYSQL, CSS) via Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Eclipse, Zend PHP Framework.
- Setup social media marketing outreach program, creating and updating brand pages while monitoring and managing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ properties.
- Created content plan for a new website working with category stakeholders for content priority that integrated with the online marketing strategy.
- Planned video blog content strategy production schedule and produced multiple promotional, webinar and training videos with Adobe Captivate, PowerPoint, and Camtasia for internal website, CD-ROM, and YouTube distribution.
- Created wireframes and development tasks for lead acquisition, community growth, website usability, SEO, and speed performance improvements.
- Created and optimized landing pages with conversion tracking for email and website partner referral campaigns.
HTML Contractor - Sophos - Burlington, MA (www.Sophos.com) Jun - Sept 2009
- Designed IA Sitemaps, performed HTML Content updates, consulted on Information Architecture and Lead Generation.
- Successfully merged utilizing 301 redirect SEO best practices for the Utimaco Website Integration into Sophos.com.
Interactive Producer - iFactory - Boston, MA (www.iFactory.com) Jan - April 2009
- Produced the Huntsman.upenn.edu website for the Huntsman Program in International Studies & Business at the Wharton Business School, utilizing the Tapestry 5 framework.
- Produced and Consulted on www.VistaHigherLearning.com a Drupal CMS based website for a Secondary and Higher Education book publisher.
- Created sitemaps, and wireframes for websites with MS Visio and obtained client feedback and approvals.
- Managed project resources and budgets in OpenAir and created project plans in MS Project.
- Tracked and managed website tasks, bugs and issues using Trac.
- Updated HTML content through SVN source control using Dreamweaver and Eclipse.
Interactive Producer - Cramer - Norwood, MA (www.CramerOnline.com) 2007 - 2008
- Managed and scheduled resources on projects ranging from 40k - 500k.
- Produced multiple websites including but not limited to www.LittleLeagueCoach.org , www.EforAllExpo.com , (2007) www.MacWorldExpo.com , (2007) www.LiveAutographs.com , www.E3Summit08.com , and www.DecisionResourcesInc.com
- Produced and supported live and video on demand webcasts for clients in the medical industry.
- Reported on weekly status reports and budget status internally and externally using OpenAir.
- Created scopes of work, budgets, and obtained approvals.
- Managed the production of user experience documentation such as homepage description documents, business and functional requirements documents, sitemaps, wireframes, content element inventory documents, functional and content specification documents.
- Worked closely with all digital Marketing capabilities; PM, UX, creative, technology, analytics, and operations.
- Created and managed the revenue forecast for all projects.
- Organized and planned training sessions with various content management systems such as Drupal CMS, Kentico CMS, and Hannon Hill Cascade Server CMS.
- Edited and updated content for websites.
- Tracked and managed bug fixes and issues within JIRA bug tracking system.
- Managed day-to-day communication with clients.
- Managed project risk and change management documents.
- Managed and tracked email marketing programs using ConstantContact.com.
Project Manager - SourceOne Network (www.SourceOneNet.com) - Albany, NY 2007
- Managed a web development team of 6 people leading internal and client meetings and developing websites utilizing SourceOne Network WebDirect Technology.
- Created proposals upwards of 45k and 150+ work hours for client projects and web services.
- Consulted with clients to determine website project needs, clients included Albany Nanotech, New York New Energy, Berkshire Community College, Starfire Systems, New York State Government Finance Officers Association, Seton Health, Empire State Society of Association Executives, Pet Partners, Albany International Airport, and over 100 more hosted clients.
Applications Systems Integrator (ASI) - CoreSense (www.CoreSense.com ), Saratoga Springs, NY 2006
- Developed ecommerce web pages with CoreSense's Multi-Channel online shopping cart , CRM, SOI software solution utilizing a proprietary API within a LAMP environment in a SAAS business model.
- Debugged PHP code and webpages to solve trouble tickets and fix website bugs for various clients.
CTO / VP Online Operations and Product Development - Niche Concepts, LLC, Troy, NY (www.JonesCAM.tv ) Jan 2000 – Jun 2006
- Consulted with and led development of JonesCAM mobile micro video cameras and on-board wireless video systems, for the Speed Channel, Clear Channel Motorsports, US Army, US Coast Guard, Harley Davidson test facilities, Fox News, NY State Police, and local Live event productions.
- Directed R&D efforts of the JonesCAM DVR2000 wearable digital video recording system using a client application that synchronizes XML video metadata with a MySQL/PHP web application.
- Lead Product Development, Online Product Marketing, and R&D for 8 micro video, helmet cameras, and wearable video camera products in 14 months with a team of 5 associates and $100K budget.
- Pitched JonesCAM Micro Video Camera solutions to Fortune 100 companies, Government agencies, Television Production companies, Angel Investment groups, and National TV stations for sales and investment opportunities.
- Designed Flash based virtual tours with interactive maps, video streaming, and 360 degree panoramic images.
- Designed and developed www.JonesCAM.tv an e-commerce web site utilizing osCommerce.
- Performed technical sales support for wireless and wearable video products and helmet camera systems.
Web Designer Intern - Virtual Flow - Saratoga Springs, NY | Fall 1999
Production Assistant Intern - Charlex - New York, NY | Summer 1999
Multimedia Designer Intern - Academy of Electronic Media - Troy, NY | Spring 1999
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY Graduated in May 2000 - Cum Laude (GPA 3.68)
Bachelors of Science degree in Electronic Media Arts and Communications (EMAC)
Brian Kenyon - Brian@BrianKenyon.com - 518-203-1158 - #SEO #SEM #Analytics #DigitalMarketing #MarketingAutomaton