Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School – Board of Directors, Executive Session
02.08.19 at 4 pm - Children’s House: 1204 E Empire
BOD Approved on 02.25.19
- Call to Order
- Kelli called the meeting to order at 4:06 pm.
- Roll Call: Kelli Jackson, President; Tamia Hurst, Secretary; Jordan Meyers, Treasurer; Cayce Hamerschlag, Member (via phone); Melissa Gould, Member
Absent from BOD: Stacey Weyand, Vice President
Staff: Jon Orris, IHOS
Community Members: None
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission - Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori Methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
- Motion to Adopt Agenda: Melissa moved to approve the agenda as presented. Motion seconded. No discussion. All in favor of the motion. Motion carried.
- Executive Session: pursuant to CRS 24-6-402(4)(e) to determine positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiation and to instruct negotiators, specifically to have a board-only discussion of charter contract.
- Recorded on Kelli’s phone.
- At 4:07 pm Tamia moved to enter into Executive Session pursuant to C.R.S. 24-6-402 (4)(e) to determine positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiation and to instruct negotiators, specifically to have a board-only discussion of charter contract. Motion seconded, no discussion. Motion approved unanimously. Motion carried. Kelli stipulated that all current E/M S Board members and Jon Orris, IHOS, be in attendance with no other persons invited to attend.
- Tamia moved to exit out of Executive Session at 6:33 pm. Motion seconded, no discussion. Motion approved unanimously. Motion carried.
- Note: no action was taken during the Executive Session.
- Next Meeting(s)
- RE-1 Board Meeting on February 19, 2019.
- Next BOD meeting(s)
- E/M S Regular Board Meeting - 5:30 pm (Work Session), 7 pm (Regular Meeting) on Monday, February 25, 2019 at Children’s House
- E/M S Special Board Meeting - 6 pm at Children’s House: 1204 E Empire
- Adjournment: Kelli moved to adjourn the meeting, unanimously approved. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:40 pm.
Prepared by Tamia Hurst, BOD Secretary