2018 Aloha Camp Packing List
Aloha campers wear Aloha-Green shorts & Aloha logo shirts or plain white shirts.
Aloha Green is an evergreen, or Dartmouth green shade. It is NOT kelly green, olive or teal.
The hilly nature of the Aloha property makes it imperative that everyone wear proper footwear. Closed-toe shoes with backs must be worn at all times, with socks. (Flipflops or sandals may be worn only in the units or swim area.)
Campers are encouraged to arrive at camp in uniform, but are not required to do so.
Uniform items may be purchased from Bendinger, or from other sources.
It is possible to exchange last year’s uniforms for different sizes for free on Opening Day from our rental clothing supply. We will do our best to “replace” items you bring, but our supply is limited!
- 4 pairs Aloha-Green shorts (jogging length, above the knee, any style, no shiny nylon shorts)
Bendinger offers jogging shorts with slits and pockets or “Soffe” brand shorts.
Any plain Aloha-Green shorts
- 1 Pair white shorts (jogging length, above the knee, any style, no shiny nylon shorts)
Bendinger offers white “Soffe” brand shorts
Any plain white shorts
- 7-10 shirts for daily wear (sleeveless, short or long-sleeved, should cover top of shorts and midriff)
Bendinger offers t-shirts with Aloha logo in white, ash grey, kiwi or indigo
Bendinger offers long-sleeved shirts with Aloha logo in dark blue, white or ash grey
Any plain white t-shirt with no logos
Tank top note: Thin-strap tank tops with built in bras are not appropriate for camp both in terms of look and effectiveness for activities. If you wish to bring tank tops, they must have straps that cover a bra strap. This means the strap needs to be at least 2-fingers wide and must be white (only).
- 3 White Collared Shirts for dinner and special occasions
Bendinger offers white mesh polo shirt with Aloha logo
Any plain white collared shirt with no logos
Provided to NEW campers at camp. Returning campers may purchase at camp for $7.
- 2 Pairs Full-Length, Denim Blue Jeans
Please stick to a “standard” style. Multiple extra pockets, excessively baggy, unhemmed, and highly stylized pants are not welcome. All jeans and pants must be in good shape (no holes, frayed hems or patches)
Color: standard blue jean color (not black, bleached, striped or printed)
- Aloha-Green sweatpants (optional, may be worn during the day)
Bendinger offers Aloha-Green sweatpants
Any Aloha-Green sweatpants with no logos
- 2 Fleeces / Sweatshirts / Warm Layers
Bendinger offers Aloha-Green polar fleeces and sweatshirts
Any plain, Aloha-Green sweater, sweatshirt or fleece with no logos
Bendinger offers a blackwatch plaid or solid green flannel shirt
Any plain, flannel shirt
Other necessary items
- 10-12 pairs socks (4 white required for dinner/special events and 1 rainbow for full/second session)
- 10-12 pairs underwear
- 2 pajamas or nightgowns (1 flannel for chilly nights)
- 1 laundry bag with drawstring
- 4 bath towels and 2 face cloths
- 1 beach towel
- ALL toiletries, incl. soap & dish, shampoo, toothbrush & paste, etc.
- 2 bathing suits (at least 1 one-piece or tankini suit)
- 1 bandana
- 1 sun hat or visor (visors available in camp store)
- 1-2 pairs sneakers or tennis shoes
- 1 pair hiking boots or equivalent sturdy shoes (for trips)
- 1 pair flip flops (for use in shower and swim area only)
- 1 poncho (for use on trips and as a cot covering for rain-possible days)
- wool hat, mittens & socks, long underwear (for trips)
- 1 flashlight and extra batteries
- pens, paper, envelopes and stamps
- bug repellent and sunscreen (no aerosols please)
- water bottle (available in Aloha store)
- 1 simple jackknife (not spring-loaded or assisted, max: 3” blade)
- Day pack (for trips)
- 1 lightweight raincoat & waterproof boots (hiking boots may be used)
- It never rains at Aloha, but when it does, it can be wet! Everyone must have rain gear.
- 1 trunk or footlocker (recommended size: 32” x 18” x 13.5”)
- 1 duffel bag
- 3-4 warm blankets
- 2 sets of sheets (flat or flat & fitted - twin/single or cot)
- 1 pillow, 2 pillow cases
- 1 sleeping bag
- Teva or Birkenstock type sandals (to be worn with socks and in Units only)
- 1 bathrobe
- camera with extra film & batteries (disposable cameras available in camp store)
- musical instrument & sheet music
- knitting needles/yarn (bring what you have if you’d like to knit this summer)
- tennis racket, field hockey or lacrosse stick (must have mouthguard & eye protection for lacrosse sticks)
- one set of clothes for a free dress day
Things NOT to bring to Aloha
- Electronics of any kind, including cellular phones, computers, electronic games or toys, video cameras, electronic address books, CD players, iPods, Kindles or other electronic book readers. Good books are a healthy substitute.
- Gum, candy or ANY other food items. Please take time to be sure these items are not in the trunk.
- Clothing with school emblems or written messages are not part of the camp uniform. Campers may, however, wish to bring some non-uniform clothing for Unit parties, sleepover breakfasts or the few non-uniform events.
- Sets of drawers, storage boxes, bean bags, folding chairs, extra pillows and throw rugs.
- Huge amounts of assorted personal products.
- We discourage the use of any make-up. Nail polish is an exception and is often a fun thing for girls to share.
- Alcohol, drugs, weapons, pets, skateboards, hammocks, & motorized vehicles