Date: 24 Sept 2021
Last reviewed: 9 Dec 2021
Reviewer: Simon Katan
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Email address
- Ip address
- Tabular data about your activity within Handl
How we get the personal information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To use Handl as either a member of staff or learner
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Education institutions where you are a learner or member of staff
We use the information that you have given us in order to deliver the Educational services that Handl provides and for improving how Handl works.
We may share this information with third party service providers and partners who provide data services to us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored at an ISO27001 compliant data center in Dublin
We keep personal data whilst you are an active user and for one year thereafter. We will then delete your personal details and anonymise your metadata through association with randomised ids..
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will aim to action within 48 hrs
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk