629. All of the talk on television is about the passing of George H.W. Bush last Friday. He’s the only ex-President I have shaken hands with. That was in Seoul in 1984 when he was Vice-President. He gave a good pep speech to the Embassy staff, and greeted us all personally afterwards. The news says he was 6’2” tall, but I think he may have shrunk later in life. I pegged him at 6’4” standing beside him. I even received one of his famous thank-you letters. Out of over 150 Congressmen, Senators, Cabinet Officers, Secretaries of State, and Presidents who I assisted on visits to Korea and the Philippines, he was only one of two that sent personal notes to the peons. (The other was Ben Gilman, a NY Congressman.) Funny how I remember these letters 34 years later. Bush was a gentleman, not a streetfighter. The 3 way race in 1992 did him in, but how many of us have that detailed a resume.
630. I need to start walking the neighborhood during breaks. Also, it’s time to give the cat attention. Both are superior to a tv break.
Prepping to Be a Mail Order Husband
If you think you would like to find a foreign bride, or at least a stunning female partner, you need to do some research online, and then get on a plane. There is no need to rush the process. Thousands of potential brides populate the planet, and it’s a buyer’s market.
For IBMs*, you are the mail order bride industry rock stars. I live in Florida. Here, any man who can drive after dark is the George Clooney of Century Village. Among men who pursue international marriage, courting women over 40 will do the same for you internationally.
Go to my Pinterest boards and take a look at women in age groups from 39 to 54. At age 65, I think my sweet spot is women 45 to 55. Think women that age are not appealing? Maybe you’ve never heard of Jennifer Aniston (49) or Sofia Vergara (46). You will find women from China to the Ukraine who believe that your old ass is a good catch.
If you can find Sofia quality women abroad (she’s from Colombia), why would you put up with bullshit in America?
We all remember a Harvard study on the chances of 40+ women getting remarried:
“In 1986 an article on Newsweek created ripples across American society when it reported that that a single, college-educated 40-year-old woman was more likely to die in a terrorist attack than ever walk down the aisle. While such a sweeping statement may seem outdated today, other realities like higher life expectancy of women vis-à-vis men and comparatively fewer number of single men in the forty-plus age group remain, all of which contribute to the notion that older women find it increasingly difficult to get a life partner. But what is the reality behind this perception and what are the odds of women getting married after forty?” - http://www.futurescopes.com/dating/cougar-dating/1062/odds-getting-married-after-40-women
The study was flawed, but you get the idea. And many mail order bride wannabes live in places where terrorists could be real.
For women over 40 around the world, they will have no shortage of offers for dick. Same as the U.S. What they long for is love and respect and marriage.
In Asia, women over 40 - especially if divorced or with children - have little to no chance of getting married again. Almost none. Cultural norms forbid it. You can see how this might happen in places where the average lifespan is much longer than earlier generations hampered by poor nutrition and frequent wars.
Let’s look at the male side. We’re men. We fall in love with our eyes. If she doesn’t turn us on physically, we need a six pack and a real dark room. Women are much more complicated.
And that’s the problem. Men go on Romance Tours with A Foreign Affair and are thrust into a room with hundreds of beautiful, single women who think they are a catch. Most of these women are in their 20s and 30s. In your entire lifetime, you have never been exposed to this many women who want to know you.
Most will waste their time and money on 25 year olds that will milk them like a cash cow. If all you need is sex with a young woman, go to Bangkok. The sex will be better, and it will cost you far less time and money and agony.
They Don’t Call It Bangkok For Nothing
For some older men, Thailand or the Philippines just might be the best place to retire. Don’t bother with getting married. Hire a maid and a cook, and go out for female delight.
If you are looking for a woman to bring home to the U.S., and you have more money than time, you can look to the international dating and marriage sites of which there are hundreds. Pick a country you like. Pick a city you like. Write letters. Visit.
(Only 3% of men who write letters ever get on a plane.)
The women are beautiful, but who really believes when Natasha says she loves your old saggy ass after 3 letters - that you paid for. Sure. Maybe she’s really the Easter Bunny. More likely, you are getting letters from Boris.
Letter writing is a huge waste of time. The mail order bride sites are good for one thing - seeing what is available in each country, what ages appeal to you, and then contacting a number of women just before you visit their city. Letters will drain your bank account and not get you any closer to the woman of your dreams.
Even men afraid of being scammed continue to drain their bank accounts. I have a sure fire way to prevent being scammed:
Now, some men are happy spending thousands of dollars on a fantasy relationship. I once knew a private investigator in Boca Raton who ran a “dating” agency between American men and women in prison. This was pre-internet days, so his office was filled with letters and photos of women in prison, and from men who paid for contact information.
I asked him who would want to “date” or create a relationship with a woman in prison. He told me a number of guys like talking and writing letters, and knowing where the woman was at night. Tells you a lot about their past relationships.
It also tells me why letter writing is useless for the serious IBM*. A letter will not tell you about chemistry. She might be dull as dirt or smell like it. She might have gained 30 pounds since those old pictures she posted online. She might look perfect, but she has no real interest in you.
All the Internet can do is get you into the right dating pool. That means age, height, weight, beauty, educational and occupational background, whether she has or wants children, and if she is willing to relocate.
For IBMs*, I think men willing to relocate to her country will be the wave of the future for a number of reasons.
1. Many IBMs* are retired, or near retirement. We all have bucket lists of places to go and things to do. Whether you get married or not, thousands of beautiful women will accept your invitation to travel. Sex along with the ride is a given. And of course, you would never invite her to travel unless she has already proven herself between the sheets. Marriage is optional.
2. If you express an interest in living in or moving to her country, you eliminate green card whores from your life. So many people will tell you the only reason a beautiful young woman is interested in your sorry ass is your wallet and residence in the U.S. If she is willing to bring you into her home, she loves you for you.
3. Staying in her country before jumping the broom can save you from mental pain and financial agony. In her country, you can find out more about who she is, and whether she is right for you. Have you met her friends? Is she proud to show you off or does she hide the relationship from others? Is she easy to wake up with in the morning? Are her kids a joy or a living hell? Inquiring minds want to know.
4. You can avoid the fiance visa route. If you are a U.S. citizen, most marriage agencies recommend the fiance visa. This gives the woman 90 days in the U.S. for the marriage to take place. If she is the right woman, you can simply get married abroad. When you do a fiance visa, and then the immigrant visa, you go through the paperwork twice.
5. And really, weddings are for women. For men, a courthouse justice of the peace is good enough. Let her decide what she wants to do and how fancy the wedding should be. She will have her friends and family available to do the heavy lifting. All you need to do is plan a fantastic honeymoon to Paris or Fiji, and leave the guests behind.
6. If you are not ready to tie the knot, or if she is not certain, you have time to see if living together would be a better option. It helps to see how she handles money and a household budget even if you take over paying. Chinese and Vietnamese women may be the best in the world about running a household “behind the wall”.
7. If you are married, she can apply for an immigrant visa without the fiance visa hassle. Normally, a new immigrant gets a Conditional Resident card, but if you have been married for over two years, it can be a permanent visa from the beginning.
8. If you are able to get the equivalent of a green card in her country, the tax savings are immense.
If you are a U.S. citizen or a resident alien of the United States and you live abroad, you are taxed on your worldwide income. However, you may qualify to exclude from income up to an amount of your foreign earnings that is adjusted annually for inflation ($92,900 for 2011, $95,100 for 2012, $97,600 for 2013, $99,200 for 2014 and $100,800 for 2015). In addition, you can exclude or deduct certain foreign housing amounts.
9. When you take that young wife home, especially if she is really young from SE Asia, you are treated like an old fool soon to be separated from his money. In a place like the Philippines, you are treated like a lottery jackpot.
10. This is a different world. Old school ideas about marriage are disintegrating rapidly, and the Internet erases borders. Do it your way. Know the risks, but create the life you want. You only get one.
3 Paths to Finding Your MOB*
There are basically 3 ways to look for a foreign bride. There could be dozens more, but these 3 are the main ones.
1. “Traditional” Mail Order Brides
Mail order brides have been a fixture in America since Jamestown. Men in colonial America or on the Frontier braved the arrows to steal the land and carve out a new civilization.
“The men of Jamestown desperately wanted wives, but women were refusing to immigrate. They had heard disturbing reports of dissension, famine, and disease, and had decided it simply wasn’t worth it. Consequently, barely a decade after its founding in 1607, Jamestown was almost entirely male, and because these men were unable to find wives, they were deserting the colony in droves.” - https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/08/the-mail-order-brides-of-jamestown-virginia/498083/
Money and land but no women. Not worth it.
“An immediate influx of women was needed to save the floundering colony; its leaders suggested putting out an advertisement targeting wives. The women who responded to this marital request and agreed to marry unknown men in an unfamiliar land were in a sense America’s first mail-order brides.”
I believe the first African slaves were brought over about the same time, but that’s a different discussion for SJWs.
These were just the first. The tradition carried over via different ethnic groups that needed women from back home, to ranchers and miners in the American West who were interested in women from anywhere.
Desperate men placed ads or responded to ads placed by the women back east.
“The nation’s gender geography was all out of kilter. In the West were thousands of unattached men who’d left everything behind to seek their fortunes. In the East were most of the women—and the Civil War would only compound the problem by leaving behind so many grieving widows and girlfriends.” - https://truewestmagazine.com/mail-order-brides/
Of course, the historical record may be of no interest to you, except to know that what is acceptable in marriage changes over time. Countries like China with a long history of arranged marriages has parents posting ads in the park to find husbands for their aging (late 20s) daughters.
For men with more money than time, the choice today is to look online at the mail order bride sites. (They hate this name. There is no mail order. You can’t buy a wife.)
In this day and age, you can peruse thousands of profiles and images and videos of mail order bride wannabes.
Big international dating and marriage sites work with local agencies in different countries to aggregate the profiles into one site. That gives you tens or hundreds of thousands of profiles to search for your perfect spouse.
If you are not careful, these sites can set you up for heartbreak and financial ruin, but a smart IBM* can overcome the issues. Remember Rule #1:
What I recommend is using the online dating sites to find out which country’s women give you a rise in your Levi’s. Then make plans to visit that country.
You best overall agency to work with is A Foreign Affair.
Why? They have the most tours and individual tour cities available. While they catch some shit from competitors, I believe they offer the best option especially if you want to check out a city or country you have never been.
The advantage of a Romance Tour is that everyone on the trip and the women who attend the socials are supposedly there for the same reason - to find a mate.
The women are decked out in their best outfits, and the alcohol is flowing. In a single evening, you can meet more eligible women than you have probably met in a lifetime. But you have to be smart about it and not waste your time on party girls who are looking to drain your bank account.
2. Travel to the county and do it yourself.
Some men like to hit a new country and check out the local action on their own. Marriage may or may not be part of the equation.
Now, the king of nailing women abroad is Roosh V. He’s semi-retired now, but his series of Bang _____ books covers a number of countries, as well as improving your day and night games.
On his site Return of Kings, you can find hundreds of valuable articles from a world traveling pickup artist. Just because you may be searching for a wife does not mean that you don’t need to have game. Women are women. If you are an arrogant asshole, you won’t get far in any country.
“ROK aims to usher the return of the masculine man in a world where masculinity is being increasingly punished and shamed in favor of creating an androgynous and politically-correct society that allows women to assert superiority and control over men. Sadly, yesterday’s masculinity is today’s misogyny.” - http://www.returnofkings.com/about
Sites like YouTube have taken aim at him due to pressure from SJWs. You can see why on this video: 36 Things Wrong with American Women. (Only 36? I’m sure he could do more. Amazon has taken some of his books down off their site.)
Roosh V is tailored for the younger man, and most IBMs* should stick to the day game.
To go on your own to a new country like the Ukraine or China, study what you can before heading out. You will need weeks, not days to get started.
The good thing is that women will know that you are not a sex tourist. You can meet them at coffee shops, museums, and malls. Some guys even use the churches to find non-slutty women who are amenable to meeting a foreign guy, especially if they share the same religion.
All of this is day game. For most IBMs*, day game is all you have left. Nothing worse than being an old fart on a barstool trying to get in that 25ish slut’s pants - unless you are filthy rich and living off FU money.
3. Traditional Matchmakers.
This could be the best route if you have the money. They tend to be expensive because, quite frankly, it takes a lot of time and skill to do it right.
I will go into this area in a separate article. But if you have the money, this is the way the uber rich do it.
I’m looking into Diolli.com, a Ukrainian matchmaking agency in Kharkiv. It’s close to the Russian border, and things can get dicey at times, but AFA still makes socials there, so it is safe.
I don’t know the costs, but I’m sure it’s not cheap. The advantage of matchmakers is that they get to know you well, and find the type of woman you seek while weeding out scammers and inappropriate potential matches.
Diolli has a number of good YouTube videos with tons of info about Ukrainian women.
I look forward to expanding as I learn more.