Tairangi School Procedure Statement
WRITTEN LANGUAGE NAG 1 Curriculum
The following procedures are to be followed by the school:
- Teachers will plan for and provide opportunities within their daily programme for children to write.
- Teachers will demonstrate and use the philosophy of the writing processes within a balanced writing programme.
- Teachers will demonstrate and model a variety of teaching styles.
- Teachers will demonstrate and model the necessary written languages skills as the need arises.
- Teachers will regularly monitor and evaluate children’s progress and gain relevant teaching points from these evaluations.
Children who are identified as at risk will be referred to the school’s Learning Assistance Programme.
- All Achievement Objectives and essential skills in the English curriculum that relate to Written Language will be broken down into learning outcomes by teaches and covered at each level each year.
File:writlang1.doc Procedure Statement - Written Language