WPS Instructional Software Tools Procedure:
- Check the software list to see if it’s already approved. If it is you may have students use the tool.
- If not approved, seek approval from your Curriculum Leader.
- If App is approved by your Curriculum Leader, please fill out and submit the software request form.
Once the form has been submitted the approval process begins and you will be contacted via email. Due to the need for legal review of the Student Data Privacy contract, the process may take significantly longer than previous software requests. The Technology Department will do its best to reduce the lag time between submitting the form and having students access the requested tool.
Software will be approved once the following criteria have been met:
- Curriculum Leaders give their approval for academic use
- The District has received a signed student data privacy contract from an online vendor. This is required if student accounts are needed or personally identifiable information is shared in some way on the site
- Technical considerations - the site must have secure logins (ie: use https://) and use updated plugins
- Budget - a funding source must be determined if there is a subscription or initial cost for the tool
We appreciate your cooperation with this new process. Please don’t hesitate to contact your building’s Technology Specialist or Bethann Monahan, K-12 Dept. Head for Instructional Technology, with any questions.