Swim Session: Sep 7 - Oct 30, 2021 Registration Dates
Fall # 1 2021
YWCA Closed Mon Sept 6
Sept 13 - Oct 25 (7 weeks)
Sept 7 - Oct 28 (8 weeks)
Sept 11 - Oct 30 (8 weeks)
YWCA Swim Lesson Descriptions
- Baby: Ages 6-23 months: Beginner: One adult must accompany the child in the pool. Swim diapers are required. Water adjustment and swimming skills learned through songs and games.
- Preschool 1: Ages 2-3 years: One adult must accompany the child in the pool. No experience necessary . Water adjustment and swimming skills learned through songs and games.
- Preschool 2 Water Tots: Ages 2-3 years: One adult must accompany the child in the pool. Swim diapers are required. Kinderswim skills learned through songs and games. Instructor approved or graduated from Preschool 1 class.
- Kinderswim: Ages 4-5 yrs: teaches breath control, water comfort, back-floating, & swimming on front & elementary backstroke.
- Level 1/2: Ages 6-15 years:
- Beginner: Water adaptation, breath control, comfort floating, swimming on front and back. Intro to streamlining front and back, treading, front crawl, backstroke, and diving.
- Beginner +: Must be able to hold breath, swim independently on front & back; maintain a full length body glide with face in water, along with a 3 second back float. Increase endurance, work on rhythmic breathing, front crawl, backstroke, with intro to diving.
- Level 3/4: Ages 6-15 years: Intermediate: Must be able to swim independently full length of the pool on front and back. Refine Level 2 skills with the addition of rotary breathing, scissor kick. Further development of freestyle (front crawl) and backstroke, intro to breaststroke, butterfly, and diving.
- Level 5/6: Ages 6-15 years: Advanced: Pre-Team Level works all four (4) competitive strokes, turns & starts. Swimmer must be legal in all 4 strokes (Freestyle, Back, Breast, & Butterfly) before advancing to the Developmental Team.
- Developmental Team: Ages 6-15 years: Swim Team Level: Must have passed Level 5/6. Refinement of all four (4) competitive strokes (Freestyle, Back, Breast, & Butterfly). Enhancement of turns, starts, endurance, and team building with other swimmers.
- Adult Beginner: Ages 16+ years: No prior swim experience needed. Working in shallow-end water, focus on water adaptation, treading, floating, front crawl with breath control, & intro to backstroke.
- Adult Advanced: Ages 16+ years: Improves techniques for all four (4) strokes using the full length of the pool (strokes are Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, & Butterfly).