Minneapolis Telecommunications Network
Board Meeting Agenda
Friday, November 10th, 2017
- Call to Order
- Approval of Board Minutes from 10.6.2017
- Nominations of Executive Committee Seats
- Executive Director Update - Valerie Lockhart
- Public Commentary (3 minutes per person signed up)
- Public Session adjourned
- Closed Session - Business Analysis - Troy A. Peterson
- Board meeting adjourned
Board Meeting Minutes:
- Call to order at 6:15 pm
- Present: All board members present, 1 late Tracy Blake, quorum present
- Board minutes from 10.6.17 meeting unanimously approved
- Role descriptions for executive positions read. Kyle Tharaldson self-nominated for Vice President. Mike Wade Self nominated for treasurer. Until a secretary is chosen, all board members will take turns with documenting meeting minutes.
- Kyle Tharaldson and Mike Wade were unanimously voted in. Tracey Blake was not yet present (arrived at 6:50 pm) at this time and was the only member that did not vote. Election results valid as we had a quorum.
- Executive Director Update given. Financial statements were also reviewed. 2 more applications of file for Board of Directors, Columba Reyes and Mike Kyllo.
- Public Commentary: Cindy Lewis. She came to speak on behalf of dismissed member Ralph Crowder to understand why he was dismissed. She said that the information given to Ralph as why he was let go was not updated in the handbook and also stated that it had not been previously enforced. MTN handbook from 10/4, letter to Ralph 10/9. She denies that Ralph did not turn in enough content and stated that at a meeting with previous ED that portion was going to be taken out. According to Ralph via Cindy, there have been no changes in policy. Cindy mentioned that the board’s behavior was inappropriate. Board President exchanged with Cindy regarding these allegations and why he was let go. Samantha Pree-Stinson, also stated that her 3 min were surpassed and that it was irrelevant that she was the only one who had come to speak. The 3 min was not based on how many wanted to speak. Cindy also questioned volunteer Troy Peterson on how much he was being paid to perform business analysis in which he told her that he was not being paid. He was a volunteer.
- Public Comment session ended and closed session to discuss preliminary business analysis results and progress started at 7:23 pm.