Tairangi School Procedure Statement
QUALITY CLASSROOM NAG 1 Curriculum
The following procedures will be followed by the school:
Teachers will implement the following components of a quality classroom. The items below will be evident in all classrooms in the school. This is part of the school’s implementation of its first Core Belief which reflects our drive for high standards.
The components to be implemented are:
- A reflective framework for the day.
- Class timetable on display and subject for teacher/student discussion.
- The current school/syndicate/class (whichever applies) goal is on display in a prominent place.
- Children are aware of the goals for any particular unit of work.
- Quality displays of student work with relevant goals on display.
- The school Mission Statement – Core Teaching Beliefs and playground/class behaviour code is on display.
- All classes will have a quality work display which will change regularly.
- Student exercise books are set out in the manner agreed upon (refer to setting out procedures).
- Children’s work samples/cumulative record/scrapbooks/personal files to contain periodically updated samples of quality work.
File:qualclass1.doc Procedure Statement - Quality Classroom