FREE TELEHEALTH CONSULT WITH PRISMA HEALTH
South Carolina DHEC has shared that, along with 4 other health systems in the state, Prisma Health will provide free telehealth physician consults for people experiencing symptoms of the coronavirus (COVID19). Below are instructions and information for accessing this service with information relevant to the Spanish speaking community. Please see the Prisma Health FAQs page for more detailed information.
Who May Use This Offer?
- Anyone in the state of South Carolina over the age of 18.
- Parents seeking a consultation for their minor child.
How Do I Get a Free Consult?
- When you use the checkout code COVID19, Prisma Health will waive the cost of your consultation.
- First, you will be asked to create an account with Prisma Health Video Visit by clicking the button on the right that says “Activate Now,” in English.
- Follow the instructions for creating an account and entering your information.
- When you are asked about payment methods, you must enter your health insurance provider first, if you are insured.
- If you do not have health insurance, you will choose to make direct payments, HOWEVER, by entering the code COVID19 at checkout you will have a charge of $0.00 for the consultation.
For Spanish-Only Clients:
- Prisma Health is currently working on translating the registration form for this service into Spanish. For assistance in Spanish, call the helpline at (888) 921-0348, and choose the menu option for Spanish. Let the representative know that you are calling regarding symptoms of COVID19 and you are requesting a free consultation.
- When you register you may request a Spanish speaking health interpreter to assist with your consultation.
- Everything that you share on the website and with the doctor on video is considered Protected Health Information and cannot be shared with anyone who is not treating or assisting you, according to HIPAA laws.
- You will not be asked to provide a photo ID to receive service.
- You can access this free consultation regardless of immigration status.