2 lb ham, I used left over ham steak
2 cups pinto beans
1 small onion, diced
6 garlic cloves, minced
5 cups chicken stock
2 bay leaves
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp dried oregano
salt to taste
1. Place the ham, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, and pinto beans in the Instant Pot.
2. Add the 5 cups chicken stock and stir ingredients around.
3. Close lid to Instant Pot and lock. Make sure the lid is turned to sealing.
4. Push the Manual button and set time for 50 minutes.
5. When time beep goes off, let the Instant Pot do a natural release (about 15 minutes). Then remove lid.
6. Give the Instant Pot Ham and Beans a few good stirs, and salt to taste. Then it is ready to serve.
7. Pair it with your favorite cornbread for a complete meal.