Founder and Director
Rising Voices LLC
December 4th, 2017
Youth Choir Performance Standards
Members of the Rising Voices Youth Choir are members of the highest achieving ensemble in our youth programming. Because of this, our students are held to high performance standards. For more information, please consult our position statement regarding performance as education.
Youth Choir members are expected to conduct themselves professionally during rehearsals and performances, ie:
- Follow instruction without talking back.
- Stand or sit upright during rehearsals with their hands at their sides or in their lap, respectively; or with folders in front, near parallel to the ground, at chest height.
- Stand still and upright for performances with their hands at their sides or with folders in front, near parallel to the ground, at chest height.
- Minimize conversation during rehearsal, and eliminate conversation during performance.
- Dress in their choir uniform, or in any performance attire requested by the director, for all performances.
- Be on time for all rehearsals and performances.
Perform as professionals in any and all commissioned situations, including:
- Outdoor stages (provided the stage is heated)
- Private events where parents and families are not permitted to be a part of the audience
- Events where the choir may not be the main focus (eg: at festivals, markets, or luncheons)
Students and families who fail to meet these expectations will be given notice, at the discretion of the Director. If expectations are not met following this notice, disciplinary action will be taken at the discretion of the Director. This action may include the revocation of solos from a student, the cessation of tuition assistance and scholarships, or the removal of a student from the Youth Choir.
Families who are uncomfortable with these expectations, or students uninterested in this level of performance, are encouraged to consider other Rising Voices Programs. This includes the Junior Singers (for students under 10) and the Studio.