In Attendance: Stephen Wright, Alan Smith, Hal Brockman, Randy Grant, Noel Tavan, Brandon Hakari, Margo Glass, Dave Green
Guest: Charissa Yang
- Call to Order, Announcement and Introductions
- Board Member Committee Reports
- Treasurer - Dave handed out several sheets and discussed expense and income.
Will add $2K to 2018 Community Outreach Program from $2,000 to add $1,900 and adjust net income.
- Current membership 840, a little lower than last year. No current lifetime membership.
- Champoeg Survey Summary Alan, Stephen and Hal were directors. 450 participants, greater than last year. Survey findings showed 1) 51% of those participants were past participants, 2) 61% say “yes” to participating in 2019; 3) social media played a big roll for registration; 4) 9 out of 10 have run other ORRC races, 5) date, course, distance, price were the first top reasons why participants choose Champoeg; 6) ranking volunteers with 75% positive response; 7) largest issues were bridge and congestion at start/finish when half marathoner and 30K runners were returning to beginning of loop and 10K runners were starting their race.
- Vernonia Meeting this coming Saturday with Mark and others. Hal and Allen are volunteering to help coordinate.
- UTLR getting it started, permits are in, working on logo and shirt.
- Summer Solstice There have been several meetings with Will. T-shirts will be sold by and managed by Zookeepers with proceeds going to Zoo Foundation.
- Equipment and Storage - Hal
- Marketing - Margo looking at having an arch by start/finish as well as a teardrop flag manufactured for each ORRC race and a branded ORRC tent.
- Board Nominations Noel Tavan Brandon Hakari Both Noel and Brandon were unanimously voted in as board members.
- 2018 Community Outreach Program applications for March approval Dave reports $6,200 annual grant total available, or $3,100 each for March and September windows.
Sellwood Chipmunks Cross Country Program - $665 Steve will ask Sellwood Chipmunks program manager questions regarding only have 15 members and report back. Added data will be emailed to board and board will vote by email.
Tracktown Youth Program - $2000 request Tracktown Youth Program Annual Report,
McKay Elementary Running - $3050 McKay Elementary Budget (Matt Farley - BTC)
Based on current policy, this application is not eligible since grant used to purchase shirts and program “ . . . funds are not for putting on individual running events or for raising money for a cause”.
- 2018 Running USA Report Marketing Ideas - Margo Greatest increase in participants during 2017 is the 10k and 5k. Number of marathon participants is not increasing. Greatest # of participants is women. Randy will take the lead on this item and summarize.
- Appointing Administrative VP - Steve Alan Smith nomination to become Administrative VP was approved by board.
- RunSignUp connection with Strava - Alan
- Our events registered through RunSignUp are all connected with Strava.
- ROUND TABLE -
- Stephen and Alan need any comments for RRCA