- The line or prep cook is responsible for delivering the Peregrine food experience to all guests. The line cook reports to the Sous Chef team.
- 35-40 Hours per week, holidays and weekends included
- Part time schedules can be discussed
- AM & PM SHIFTS AVAILABLE, 7 day per week operation, including holidays
- Conveniently located across the street from Charles/MGH Red Line station, and near Downtown Crossing and Park Street stations for Green and Orange lines
- Peregrine is a challenging but supportive work environment, with an emphasis on performance as well as team building, career oriented training, and all staff doing their part to build an environment at work that can be enjoyable for all.
- $16+ based on experience and performance during initial training
Our Performance Expectations are:
- Prepares food according to our recipes - accurately and under pressure
- Arrives on time for all shifts, meetings, and classes
- engages thoroughly and actively with initial and ongoing training
- Prepares food according to prep list
- Efficiently & accurately cleans equipment
- Follows and upholds all of Peregrine and Juliet + Company standards.
- Ensures that all food meets quality and presentation standards
- Maintains proper station set up and an organized work area
- Effectively communicates and works with all staff at the restaurant
- Maintains positive and consistent energy and productivity standards throughout the entire shift.
- Does their part to foster an inclusive and supportive work environment while seeking to perform according to excellent standards
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Has some previous experience in a high-end environment
- Has a reputation for excellent relations with front of the house staff
- Has a reputation for maintaining a safe and clean kitchen
- Must be able to work weekends and Sundays
- Must be able to relocate up to 50 lbs
- Bending, stooping, walking and standing for long periods at a time
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- Passionate about great food and great service
- Well organized and able to multitask
- Self-motivated, especially under pressure
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexible and hardworking
- Able to set priorities
- Able to effectively manage their emotions in the workplace