In Attendance: Steve Wright, Randy Grant, Hal Brockman, Alan Smith, Noel Tavan
Excused: Dave Green, Margo Glass
Guest: Meg DuMez, Jacob Campbell, Mike Pagalan.
- Call to Order, Announcement and Introductions
- Board Member Committee Reports
- Total of 820 members, down a bit from last month. Coming to the season with more renewals.
- Best Dam Run (see old business below)
- Blue Lake (see old business below)
- Autumn Leaves (see old business below)
- Turkey Trot
- Equipment and Storage - Hal
- Things going well with our equipment and storage unit is well organized.
- Marketing/Social Media - Steve, Randy, Meg
- Investment opportunities update - Steve
- Dave Cook and Steve Wright are working on this now. Will speak with Charles Schwab to establish an account that can give us a better return for a portion of the Club’s funds.
- Discussion of September guests’ proposals
- OSA/Oregon Wine Country Half Marathon. This is now less likely to occur, OSA is looking at other organizations/ Race Director that could help them manage the event. OSA will be staff FTE to manage the race.
- Hagg Lake
- Oct 18 newsletter survey response
- Board approves starting a Hagg Lake trail event on the day after our May Hagg Lake road event in 2019. So this would become a two-day event weekend. Mark Barrett will be the primary race director.
- 2018 Race participant surveys and P & L - Board
- Discussion of survey results from Greenway, Best Dam Run, and Blue Lake events.
- P & L - TBD
- Noel has entered this year’s (2018) costs/revenue into the 2019 ORRC budget spreadsheet. Made about $2,000.
- 2019 ORRC Operation budget- Second review - Steve
- Nov '17 - Oct'18 Worksheet
- Next step is to send it to our race directors and program managers for review before the December board meeting discussion and approval.
- Membership survey - Randy
- Most questions can not be changed. Two surveys, half to two different sets of members. Steve requested Randy to present ORRC & Linfield College researcher Agreement
- Review by Dave Green/attorney before moving forward.
- Then Alan Smith to give Randy our full Constant Contact mailing list to distribute the survey. Randy will insert a question to determine if the survey participants are 18 years old or older. If younger, they are not to participate.
- Linfield/ORRC Internship and Race Proposal - Randy
- Condensed Proposal
- Randy will bring back info to the next Board meeting about the financial aspects of this.
- Board agrees that we could support this potential event through usage of equipment, etc.
- Proposed that next year’s be open for 4-5 day period, offering low registration fee.
- Discussion centered around not seeing a big advantage for our events to do this. We never hit participant caps, so that’s not a factor for our participants to get registered early.
- Addition of a second day trail event to our Hagg Lake May event. Hagg Lake would then become May 4-5, 2019. Mark Barrett to be race director.
- Discussion about Dual Duel event. Potentially a new style of track-oriented event that would include a one mile and 5k event in addition to a relay. This would have to be in the May timeframe to be set up ahead of the Portland Track Festival. Participants could use this to qualify for the Portland Track Festival events.
- 2019 RRCA Western and State Championship Events - Steve
- Champoeg half marathon is the RRCA Western Region championship
- Champoeg 10K and 30K and Vernonia half and full marathons are the four RRCA state championships for 2019.
- Great to see an application for Meg to join the Board. The current ORRC Board will vote on her application at our next meeting.
- Margo Glass has resigned her board position with ORRC effective immediately.
- Treasurer Transition - Steve
- Dave Green is transitioning out of the Treasurer role with the ORRC Board. We give a big thanks to him for his many years of service to ORRC. Those duties to be shared between Dave Cook and Steve Wright at this time. Dave Cook will not be on the ORRC Board but can do the duties of the Treasurer role. Dave Green will instruct Dave Cook and Steve Wright in the details of our accounting system needs and reports to ensure full compliance with tax and non-profit law.
- ORRC 1977 Certificate of Incorporation
- Meg - Starting a discussion to offer a free entry to ORRC event to reward Facebook interaction with ORRC. For example, a photo contest where Facebook people share photos, and then a poll chooses the “best” to be rewarded with a free event coupon.
- Alan - great to see some interested folks attending this meeting. There’s lots to do with running the club and our events.