AUDIENCE SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Reviewed March, 2018
Job Title: Audience Services Supervisor
Reports to: Managing Director
Number of Positions: 1
Student Job?: Not restricted to students
Purpose of Job:
The Audience Services Supervisor is responsible for supervising and supporting the Audience Services Coordinators in delivering top-notch service to our fantastic audience members at our box office, promotional events and performance venues. The Audience Services Manager will be the primary Front-of-House Manager for Festival Players’ 2018 performances, and will schedule and support the audience services team, coordinate volunteer activities and monitor supplies and on-site activities during the 2018 season.
Core duties, deliverables, and relationships of the position.
Front of House Management
- Acting as manager on duty for most Festival Players performances during the 2018 season
- Facilitating positive experiences for audiences at Festival Players events
- Liaison with the artistic team to ensure the shows start on time and run without a hitch
- Supervising the volunteer team in their ticketing, ushering and bar service duties
- Light bartending duties may be required at evening performances
- Daily cash reconciliations and sales reporting
Audience Services Supervision
- Ensure audience services standards are being met through ongoing supervision, training reinforcement, and creating challenges and goals for Coordinators throughout the season
- Monitoring supplies and inventories for Audience Services activities
- Work with partners to ensure obligations for packages and other promotional activities are met
- Ensuring Festival Players meets data and audience survey collection goals
- Recruiting Front of House volunteers for ushering, ticketing and bartending at shows
- Creating a training and orientation program for volunteers and providing training
- Monitoring the volunteer schedule and ensuring all shifts are covered
- Creating a volunteer appreciation program and ensuring a positive community of volunteers
- The Audience Services Supervisor will report to the Managing Director and will have supervisory responsibility for 2-4 paid staff. The Supervisor will also coordinate a team of approximately 30 front of house volunteers.
Working Conditions and Environment
- This position requires almost exclusively evening and weekend work
- As a small and nimble organization, Festival Players requests the full support of its staff in ensuring the success of the organization. From time to time, the Audience Services Supervisor may be asked to take on tasks or participate in activities outside of the job description above.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- A love and/or knowledge of theatre and the arts is an asset.
- Previous box office/ticketing/front of house experience is an asset.
- High standards for data integrity, following procedures and attention to detail
- Must have high learning agility when it comes to technology and be comfortable working in the cloud.
- Ability to communicate and work productively with audiences, artists and other staff
- Ability to build positive relationships with a variety of organizational stakeholders
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
- Smart Serve, First Aid, CPR are all assets
- Essential computer skills – Google Apps and the ability to learn new computer programs and apps.
Compensation and Work Schedule
- Compensation is $18/hour plus 4% vacation pay
- Outside dates of the contract are June 18 to September 23rd.
- Work schedule will fluctuate throughout the summer, with peak activity (i.e. 5-6 nights/week) between July 23rd and September 23rd.
To apply, please send a resume and covering letter letting us know why you’d be perfect for this job. Please send by EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries please.
Festival Players welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, people from Diverse cultures, and people with disabilities. Festival Players is an LGBTQ+ positive space, and our work spaces are (or can be made) accessible for people with physical disabilities. All employees will be required to sign and adhere to a Code of Conduct to promote a safe, respectful and inclusive place of work. Please contact Festival Players at 613-476-1991 or by email at email@example.com if you require accommodations in the application or interview process.