ORRC_logo_200.jpg

Return to OregonRoadRunnersClub.org

Board Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Oregon Sports Office Conference Room
6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.

ATTENDANCE

Notes

In Attendance: Stephen Wright, Hal Brockman, Alan Smith,  Margo Glass, Dave Green

Absent:  Randy Grant

Guest: Vicki Williams, Wendi Oliver

AGENDA ITEM

  • Call to order, announcement and introductions

6:00 p.m.

  •        VP Reports
  • Treasurer - Dave - we are up $20,000 from Turkey Trot without expenses. We are doing great. Will have year of end info by end of year.  Stephen will send out 2018 proposed budget before next meeting for comments. Dave will get Stephen data.
  • Membership - Alan - Stable now, next couple of months for renewal, about 940
  • Race Operations - All
  • Blue Lake. We have to change course for next year.
  • Autumn Leaves. Noel and Ryan will be in charge this next year. Brett and Gail have done a great job with this run. Have heard some great feedback. Weather cooperated. # of participants down.  
  • Turkey Trot. 1st order of shirts has arrived, pre-registration at RRS this Sunday, Stephen, Hal, Alan is making cards for all participants.  Current count about 1,600, at 90% of 2016 count.
  • Y2K have a new assistant. 10k and half marathon. Coming up soon.
  • Equipment and Storage - Hal Have a new rental late December.
  • Marketing - Margo. We have transition with Charissa and she is doing a great job.  Need website and Facebook consistently updated and be the same info.

6:01 p.m.

  • OLD BUSINESS

  • Further 10K and Half-Marathon Series update

 6:20 p.m.

Stephen showed the new 10k bag for participants. Half marathon series getting a jacket through Leslie Jordan

  • 2018  Annual Banquet

  6:25 p.m.

Have guest speaker.  Don Kardong is one of the best speakers on the circuit.

  • 2018 RRCA State Championship race events

 6:35p.m.

ORRC has  5 state championship races and Vernonia  Marathon as Western States race

  • NEW BUSINESS

  • 2018 ORRC strategic planning Survey

 6:40 p.m.

3 board members have responded, three have not. We may need to help develop race directors.

  • Proposing Community Outreach Program budget policy

6:45 p.m.

10% of the previous year profits goes into a reserve account for community outreach in the past. How can we build this part of the program. Suggestion that this be a written policy.  Discuss more at December meeting.   

6:50 p.m.

Brooks and Adidas jackets were shown. Margo showed a Nike jacket. More discussion in December

  • ROUND TABLE

 6:55 p.m.

Kelly and Alan met with Anne from Greenway race.

Annual Banquet club award discussions will be begin before December meeting.  Decisions at December meeting.

  • ADJOURN

 7:15 p.m.