Choir Parents Association Meeting
December 10, 2018
Call to Order: 7:06 pm
Attending: Rebecca Nice Parrone
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for November Meeting Minutes - Kim Silva made a motion to approve them and Amy Rice seconded and motion passed - Minutes from November 10, 2018 Approved.
- Treasurer’s Report Kimberly Silva:
Balance on hand: $24,511.58
- Director’s Fund: $3730.22
- Scholarships: $3000.00
- Choir Student Accounts (positive balances): $3574.48
- Non-Choir Student Accounts (positive balances): $657.22
Total: $13,549.66 (Balance before Expenses)
- Gertrude Hawk $1368.58 (this we will get back as candy is sold)
Total Expenses: $1368.58
Tucker Jones: -$1300.00
Choir Student Accounts (negative balances): -$1679.17
Non Choir Students Accounts (negative balances): -$244.63 (hold on graduation)
Shout outs: $113.00
Ticket Sales: $1273.00
Shout outs: $54.00
Ticket Sales: $838.00
Shout outs: $84.00
Ticket Sales: $2010.00
Shout outs: $149.00
Ticket Sales: $1942.00
Shout outs: $400.00
Ticket Sales: $6063.00
Pre-Ticket Sales $5390.00
Actual stub count for Rent was 975 for all three shows. Need to make sure that students know that the student priced ticket is 1 per student and for only that student.
- President’s Council Meeting Update Tyffini Furlong: No update, meeting was not until Wednesday, December 12th
- ShopRite Bagging Update from Suzi Francese: Students made about $23/hr 4 hours: $724.52. There were 10 baggers and 3 chaperones. Next bagging date we are trying for is Sunday, February 3rd 1-5pm 30 minute shifts $4.72 left over from last baggin went into CPA account
- Candy Sales Rebecca Nice Parrone:
More candy was purchased and needs to be sorted and then sent to the choir room. Tim needs to be sent a reminder about putting a new sign up form out for new candy.
- Fundraising Carol Stewart:
Carol Stewart was not in attendance - no report from her Chris Schwarz mentioned ideas from the students. Singing grams for Valentines Day. Chris Schwarz will develop plan. 2nd idea: Miscast Caberet Need to look for dates when it could be done and a venue, needs to work around West Side Story, possibly after Spring Break. Chris will have a meeting with the students.
- Winter Cabaret: Flyer is being sent to the BOE for approval for distribution. We need to select a day for papering the town with flyers. Each performer needs to sell 10 tickets. There was a question about whether or not there was a theme. (Post meeting - there is no theme) Kids need to spread the word about auditions. Need to find out from Tim when auditions will be held. Ed Emmer is willing to help out with donations however he is not in the same division and will have to see if he can still get donations. Need a program. Put flyers for sponsors near the items they donated with their business cards. Jamie will reach out to PJ Parker for Franklin Advocate to advertise and Chris Schwarz will handle all others.
- NYC trip April 26th - April 28th Jamie made a motion to choose these dates and Chris Schwarz seconded (the reality is that the calendar chose the dates, they were the only dates that did not have conflicts.) Need to send out commitment papers. Suzi and Janet will move ahead with plans now that the dates have been selected.
- West Side Story Auditions: Dance auditions before break for dance class (or all?) When will they be held? Need to send out audition packet. Rebecca will confirm with Tim.
Meeting adjourned at 7:53 pm.